General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from France Ireland and the universe Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-10 9:32 AM

User image

Veteran
Nice South of France
Subject: Hello from France Ireland and the universe
While going through a very difficult period in my life I spoke with a gorgeous woman who said the word Iron Man. I told her I would do one and she laughed.

I quit smoking, I gained 20 odd kilos ( I was down to 59kg, and I am 180 cm tall, so I am nearly 6ft and I weighed about 120lbs,) started to swim and run. I was running about 30k a week and swimming about 3 k a week. My colleagues clubbed together and bought me a entry level bike. It took me some time, but I managed to get on it. 
I ran a 10 k in 1 hour and change then I ran a 21k in 2 hours 20, then I hurt my hip. I got insoles which gave me a groin strain, aggravated a disc hernia, tendonitis, and I could barely walk. 
One year later, I still have a problem with a point at the top of my , but I am swiming again, I am biking and a few days ago started running. 
This time I am very keen to take my time, eat right, and do it right. When I have the base to start an Iron Man training that is what I will do.  
I ask lots of questions on Trifuel and I keep my log here. I am open to everyone, I crack a lot of jokes, but deep down I am very very serious. I am not panicking I am doing this. But as I say If I get the preparation right then all will be what it will be.
One Iron Man is all I am asking.

2009-06-10 9:56 AM
in reply to: #2207309

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central Connecticut
Subject: RE: Hello from France Ireland and the universe
Welcome! Attack your Ironman goal. It's there for the taking.
2009-06-16 9:59 AM
in reply to: #2207309

User image

Veteran
Nice South of France
Subject: RE: Hello from France Ireland and the universe
Thnks enduropro I will :0)
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from France Ireland and the universe Rss Feed