General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to TRIs and new here. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-12 12:44 PM

Subject: New to TRIs and new here.

So I've got my first tri coming up real quick - it's the Marineland Sprint Tri on father's day.  I've been reading all kinds of articles and forum posts on this site for a couple weeks, especially the swimming and transition advice - tons of great information on this site.  I think physically I'm ready - swimming is my weakest event.  I've been swimming in a pool at my gym for the last couple of weeks trying to improve.  It's going to be a great accomplishment to get through this tri and I'm really impressed with everyone who already has.
Thanks for all the info here.  It would be great to know who else from the site will be doing the Marineland sprint.

Take Care - hope to see you there.

2009-06-12 12:55 PM
in reply to: #2213689

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: New to TRIs and new here.
Welcome, and good luck! Looking forward to reading a RR!
2009-06-12 6:01 PM
in reply to: #2213689

Subject: RE: New to TRIs and new here.
Hi,

I just did my first tri last month, thought I was a good swimmer, until I got in the water! My tri was a bay swim, not ocean and it was choppy, most of it was so shallow that everyone tried to run in the water, really hard on your legs! I have since learnt that pushing off the base and doing like a butterfly stroke is alot easier in shallow water.In fact the lead man was doing this! Good luck and have fun, its awesome crossing that finnish line!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to TRIs and new here. Rss Feed