General Discussion Triathlon Talk » correct wetsuit height & weight but...can't...breathe Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-04-24 10:32 AM

Subject: correct wetsuit height & weight but...can't...breathe
I borrowed an Orca full sleeve wetsuit from a friend. I checked the size from the size chart and found that the height and weight measurements suit me. I tried it on, and voila, it felt tight as it should be (according to the website). And then I went for a trial swim at the pool.

I was amazed at the speed difference it gave me but I soon tired out because I simply can't breathe properly! My chest couldn't expand like it used to without the wetsuit.

Is this normal? What should I do? I'm now thinking of a sleeveless one. Wondering if it'll give more freeplay especially for chest expansion while breathing!

Comments appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by engineermunn 2005-04-24 10:36 AM

2005-04-28 10:07 PM
in reply to: #147220

User image

Extreme Veteran
Covington (New Orleans), La
Subject: RE: correct wetsuit height & weight but...can't...breathe
Bumping your question as I just got my first ever wetsuit and having the same issue.   Got the correct size based on the height and weight chart, but it feels so constricting around my chest and arms I can't imagine having to swim in it!  

Anyone?  Anyone?   Bueller?   Bueller?
2005-04-28 11:50 PM
in reply to: #147220

User image

Extreme Veteran
SW part of US
You just described a wetsuit that doesn't fit...

Some wetsuit cuts provide more chest room... and some use more elastic neoprene (actually it just thinner neoprene).

FWIW Joe Moya
2005-04-28 11:55 PM
in reply to: #149798

User image

Extreme Veteran
SW part of US
You might try a two piece wetsuit... get a slightly larger upper portion relative to the lower portion...

Joe Moya
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » correct wetsuit height & weight but...can't...breathe Rss Feed