Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2009-06-24 2:13 AM
in reply to: #2226137

User image

Master
The Whites, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Face Tattoos
I still think they look kinda pretty...if she'd get that ridiculous frown off her face! She can decide she wants to own up to this and enjoy them, or regret them for the rest of her life and always be upset and embarrassed. Personally, I'd go with the positives, but I prefer not to have ulcers and a permanent scowl.

2009-06-24 8:13 AM
in reply to: #2226137

User image

Expert
A Husker stuck in VA
Subject: RE: Face Tattoos
Couple things to keep in mind when talking about tattoo's, yes I realize the story has been closed but for peoples future reference, here you go:

1.  Most tattoo parlors (in America) will not ink you if you are drunk or on drugs.  I lucked out last time while working on finishing mine shortly after my shoulder surgery and was already on pills, they let me because they knew me and new I wasn't trying to just skip the pain or make a bad decision.  Alcohol thins the blood and causes you to bleed more so they don't want you drunk, not to mention the buyers remorse afterwards.
2.  Hand tattoos are not a reason to not get a job and jobs that accept you with them are not crappy ones.  For instance, my wife is an RN and has a tattoo on each wrist in plain view, no comments from her work.  However, when she put a small stud through her nose they told her if she wanted to keep it, she had to make it as small as possible.  Point is, tattoos and piercings are much more acceptable now a days and you cannot place either automaticlly as "Job Stoppers".
3.  When I got my hand tattoo'd I actually had to talk the artist into it.  The standing policy at the two shops the guy owned was that unles you were at least 3/4 sleeved, no hand tattoo's.
4.  The military has changed its policies on tattoo's, making the more lax for coming in and stiffer for getting while in, that whole trying to look "more professional" thing.
5.  I would not allow someone to tattoo me that had no ink, to me that would be like buying a dog from someone that doesn't own one.
6.  I have only seen one time where a facial tattoo was cool, that was when I was stationed in Hawaii and a friend of mine was a local.  By tradition facial tattoos are accepted and you shouldn't be suprised to see lawyers and doctors with them.

Of course, these are just personal comments, take them as you wish.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Face Tattoos Rss Feed  

of 3