General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Sprint Tri Complete! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-04-25 9:50 AM

New user
Gilbert, Arizona
Subject: First Sprint Tri Complete!
Wow! Well, I did my first tri yesterday! It wasn't as scary as I had pictured. I didn't get into the pool until about 9:15. They had everyone going in 15 second waves, one right after the next. Then, I was able to pass a couple people in the pool and head for the bike. I passed a few people there too, but was also passed by several people that looked like they had been doing this for awhile. Then, as I got off the bike, I thought that my legs were going to break off and I would have to run as a torso. But, they managed to settle in about 1 mile in. I was passed by several on the run (which was 4 miles) and then I was done!! I finished in 1:32. 10 minutes faster than I thought I would do. All those spin classes really improved my bike time. I always push myself in spin class and give myself a lot of load. So, biking in a strong head and side wind, wasn't that bad for me. Yeah!

Well, gotta go. I'm glad I got this first one done. BUT, the ironman is a long, long, long, LONG way off!

Sarah

2005-04-25 9:54 AM
in reply to: #147562

User image

Elite Veteran
flatland
Subject: RE: First Sprint Tri Complete!
Congratulations and great job!
2005-04-25 9:56 AM
in reply to: #147562

User image

Veteran
Madison, WI
Subject: RE: First Sprint Tri Complete!
Nice! Good work Boodah. I have 10 weeks and when I think of it I get nervous...I am gonna check your logs. Congratulations!

Then, as I got off the bike, I thought that my legs were going to break off and I would have to run as a torso.

That cracked me up...:D
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Sprint Tri Complete! Rss Feed