General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Intro: T MINUS 12 Months To First Tri!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-08-28 11:16 AM

Socorro, NM
Subject: Intro: T MINUS 12 Months To First Tri!!
Hello everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself: I am interested (extremely, btw) in competing in triathlons, why else would I be here? I am in my mid 20's and only recently begun swimming due to my wife's encouragement. Going from being a grumpy thrasher who could barely do 100-200 meters to comfortably swimming 1/2 a mile in 8 weeks has really inspired me to continue. My next leg is to start working on biking (I have a general discussion thread about bikes for someone my height (6'5"), btw) and I am just itching to go out and find a tri-bike - but I think my MTB will have to suffice for a while.

My only problem at the moment is a lack of tri's since the local tri (I live in central NM) was recently run. However, I look at this period (which may be shortened if I get a good bike and enter a fall tri) as an excellent time to get VERY well acquainted with the aspects of multisporting. It's fun to dream at the moment!

I should add I was really happy to read the recent thread about the "big" new guy who got active and is now tri-ing. As a chubby-kid who finally lost his baby fat in his early 20's, nothing makes me happier than to see other people conquering similar and greater obstacles. While it may not seem as large amount, going from 230 lbs down to my current 190-195 range really changed my life in a great way. Therefore, I look forward to continuing my enjoyment with triathlons.

Thanks for reading,

Eph (rhymes with Chief)

2003-09-04 1:54 PM
in reply to: #572

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: welcome...
to this great sport!  bet u can't wait for those 12 months to pass.  i guess it's ok...just work on safely building up that base.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Intro: T MINUS 12 Months To First Tri!! Rss Feed