General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Specialized Transition Owners....... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-08 6:33 PM

Subject: Specialized Transition Owners.......
I am trying to get a hold of a zero off-set seat post for my 09 Transition Comp.  My lbs only has the s-works version in stock and I would prefer it match the rest of the bike.  The store manager called Specialized and they didn't have any in stock at.  Does anyone have one that they are looking to unload or know of a store that might have one?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by rmst09 2009-07-08 6:42 PM

2009-07-09 8:02 AM
in reply to: #2271459

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
Subject: RE: Specialized Transition Owners.......
Contact specialized directly...it may be difficult, but if you can get a hold of someone there, they may be able to go out to the shop and swap your stem for another. They are really nice to work with.
2009-07-09 8:07 AM
in reply to: #2272306

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: Specialized Transition Owners.......
If the dealer called the rep and/or Specialized direct and they did not have any available, then your only real bet would be to either call around to other Specialized dealers or order one and wait for it to come into stock.

Or do what you are doing on the forums - but I think you would have better success finding another shop that may have some inventory.  Good luck!

Edit:  And calling the manufacturer directly as a consumer is almost never the right practice.  Having worked with reps and manufacturers over the years they will almost always refer you to a shop or rep and ask them to handle it.  Sure, people do it.  But it is not really the right way to do things.

Edited by Daremo 2009-07-09 8:08 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Specialized Transition Owners....... Rss Feed