General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Calf Swelling and Tendon pain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-01 5:44 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Calf Swelling and Tendon pain
Hi, I was just wondering if any of you have ever experienced this.... the outside of my left calf has been tender for awhile when I run but I have been taking some Aleve and icing it as often as I can. Yesterday I ran a half marathon in horrible pain for 11 out of the 13 miles. Around mile two I felt something pop or move and after that the entire muscle to the left of my shin bone felt hot and tight. Today my that portion of my calf is incredibly swollen and hot and I can feel the tendon feels inflamed. My knee and shins don't hurt at all and neither does my ankle.

Even though right now I can barely walk I would love to be running sometime soon again Im planning on doing a half IM on a month so time is of the essence. Have any of you ever heard of something like this or experienced it yourself?

2005-05-01 9:43 PM
in reply to: #150865

User image

Extreme Veteran
Shiloh Illinois
Subject: RE: Calf Swelling and Tendon pain
go to a doctor, like now

if it popped and moved, it sounds like a tear

good luck on your recovery, calf stains arent easy
it took me 4 months of absolute nothing but ice and stretching with a grade 2 tear

Edited by silent 2005-05-01 9:45 PM
2005-05-13 12:03 AM
in reply to: #150865

Subject: RE: Calf Swelling and Tendon pain
I was running about two weeks ago and had a similar thing happen to me. My left leg started out feeling like a bruise on the side of my calf. About three miles into any run and it is really intense. The muscle is very sensitive to touch but is pain free when relaxed or imobile. Wierd huh?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Calf Swelling and Tendon pain Rss Feed