General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shoulder Injury Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-14 8:58 PM
in reply to: #2281442

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: Shoulder Injury

runner - 2009-07-13 1:43 PM Over 4th of July weekend, I was at our cottage tubing and water skiing. After day 1 of this, I woke the next morning in a lot of pain. Mostly sore muscles in both upper arms, but my right arm was the worst. I took 2 aleve which helped everything but my right arm. I'm sure this is not good, but I then took 2 advil and finally I had relief. I was fine all day, no upper arm pain. But, I continued with shoulder pain over the next few days in both arms. Thursday I was finally feeling good until I went swimming. My right shoulder was hurting after about 10 or 15 minutes, but not terrible enough that I had to stop swimming. Advil helped. Saturday I was doing stuff around the house and after I had finished, my shoulder was really sore, but advil helped. Stupid me forgot about my shoulder that night and started doing work in the basement using my arms a lot. Again, after I had finished my shoulder became very sore and advil and ice did not help much. I had trouble falling asleep, too. Yesterday was an okay day as far as pain, but this morning when I woke up, I was in pain. It's an achey feeling that is aggravated by reaching my arms forward or over my head. My arm feels a little weak, and my pain is mostly to the inside of my shoulder area.

How long should I go with home treatment before I get this checked out? As I mentioned, I'm using ice and advil, although I have to admit that I don't use either until I feel pain.
  WHile it could be anything m first guess would be  teninopathy...try to remember you had an injury....I'd tell you to cont with the NSAIDs and rest a week or so.  DOnt do any major projects around the house.  DOn't start a weight training program.  If it doesn't resolve in a couple weeks go see someone

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shoulder Injury Rss Feed