General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Augusta 70.3 bound Atlantan's get aquainted workouts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-19 10:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Augusta 70.3 bound Atlantan's get aquainted workouts

Calling all Atlanta area resident, Augusta 70.3 bound, triathletes in training.  Let's coordinate some get acquainted workouts.  It will be good to see some familiar faces on the course in Augusta.

For our first get together let's have an open water swim practice at Mary Alice Park.  This is a chance to practice running in to the water, thrashing among other bodies, drafting, sighting the marks, rounding buoys, and running out of the water.

Lake Lanier water will not be cold enough to be "wetsuit legal", but bring your bodyglide and wetsuit anyway and practice getting in and out of it.

We'll meet at the beach at Mary Alice Park, which is located at 1820 Mary Alice Park Drive, Ga 400 North exit 14, Cumming, Ga 30041, at 9am on Sunday morning August 2.  I surveyed several folks and a group open water swim, on the weekend, was the most popular choice.  The next most popular choice was a bike workout at Stone Mountain, so let’s do one in a couple of weeks, perhaps August 16.

Of course all are welcome, so invite non-Augusta-bound friends to come out too.  Post here, or PM me, if you can make it to the swim on August 2nd.   

Bill

2009-07-31 9:39 PM
in reply to: #2295152

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Augusta 70.3 bound Atlantan's get aquainted workouts

Open water swim workout Sunday morning, 9am, August 2nd, at Mary Alice Park, off Ga 400 north, exit 14.  Come swim with us!

This is a kid friendly, spouse friendly event.  Bring your little ones to play with my little one on the beach.

Bill

2009-07-31 9:58 PM
in reply to: #2320865

User image

Master
Woodstock, GA

Bill - I in particular can not make Sunday.  At the moment, it does not look like you will have much of a turnout.  Maybe the after work bar thing would work.  Here is another idea.  Several people from our club, NAMSC are doing the race.  Come to our meeting next Thursday night or meet up with us afterward.  We always go out after the meetings.  You will meet several people that are doing the race then maybe you can get some people to workout after that. 

Several of us are doing the Covington Century tomorrow.  You can join us for that if you would like.  If I had thought about it, I would have let you know sooner. 

I have a lot of family commitments on the weekends, so I can not do things in a row so I can not do the century and the swim too.

2009-08-01 4:44 AM
in reply to: #2295152

User image

Limbo
I won't be at Augusta, but might make the swim..
2009-08-02 6:23 AM
in reply to: #2321045

User image

Veteran
Hi folks,

The weather is a little questionable, but the forecast is better this morning than it was last night.

For the Cumming, Ga area I see cloudy and 10-20% chance of rain for the 9am - 10am time frame, therefore I say we are ON.

Hope to see you there.

Bill
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Augusta 70.3 bound Atlantan's get aquainted workouts Rss Feed