General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri The Parks - John Tanner St Park Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tri The Parks - John Tanner St Park - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log
Carrollton, Ga
United States
Blue Sky Sport
62F / 17C
Precipitation
Total Time = 26m 23s
Overall Rank = 86/101
Age Group = clydesdale
Age Group Rank = 13/14
Pre-race routine:

Stayed at Mark's house in P'tree City, thinking that this would save me an hour in the morning - not sure this helped. Didn't know the route and didn't get away on time. Had to rush the whole morning. got there late, which gives you a bad parking place as well. Fortunately (?) the race start was delayed due to the weather.
Event warmup:

did a little bit of running back and forth to the truck. Mostly we stood around in the rain.
Swim
  • 00m
  • 0 yards
  • / 100 yards
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

T1 cancelled due to weather.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 0 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

T2 cancelled due to weather.
Run
  • 26m 23s
  • 2.9 miles
  • 09m 06s  min/mile
Comments:

I did not drink anything, since we were only going to do the 5k. Kepping cool was certainly not a problem. I did manage to pass a few folks, but really just am not a very good runner, (yet?).

I have to call this a good run because it is a lot fasster than anything I have posted to date. The distance on the course is in question, but still, this is a good run under the circumstances.
What would you do differently?:

Train more. Do better at trying to stay dry before the event.
Post race
Warm down:

Sat around and sulked again. Tried to convice myself that maybe I would luck out in the rankings since so many people left early. -No such luck.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Even after the start I was considering just bailing out and getting in the truck. Obviously I was not particularly committed to the race! Once I ran past the truck though, there was no turning back. It wasn't a bad run, it just pointed out how much slower I am than the average runner.

Event comments:

I still say that it would have gone a long way if Blue Sky Sports had offered to cut the participants a deal on next year's race since we didnt get to have one this year. I will consider doing a different event next year. I haven't had very good luck with this one.

Last updated: 2005-05-06 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 00 yards | / 100yards
Age Group: 0/14
Overall: 0/101
Performance:
They canceled the swim due to lightning. Second race this year and haven't gotten to swim yet! Will I ever get to swim?
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:00:00 | 00 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/14
Overall: 0/101
Performance:
Bike cancelled due to weather
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:26:23 | 02.9 miles | 09m 06s  min/mile
Age Group: 13/14
Overall: 86/101
Performance: Good
The course was probably short anyway, but they shortened it a little more when they decided to just do the 5k due to weather. They started out of the opposite end of the transition area, cutting a hunred yards or so off the total course.
Course: moderate hills. There is an unpaved portion of several hundred yards. the run 'round the lake is nice - good paved trail in a beautiful forest. with all the rain there were lots of puddles and the creeks were torrents!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes