General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Funny Things Said to You While Out Training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2009-07-29 8:39 AM
in reply to: #2313801

User image

Elite
Raleigh
Subject: RE: Funny Things Said to You While Out Training
Zupe - 2009-07-28 6:18 PM My masters swim coach jokingly told me that it is not nearly as painful to watch me swim as it was a few months ago.  I took that as a compliment.

That is the funniest one so far. Made me LOL at work!

2009-07-29 8:44 AM
in reply to: #2309316

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-07-29 9:21 AM
in reply to: #2314590

Veteran
thefastestonmackinaw - 2009-07-29 9:38 AM I work on an island in northern Michigan during the summer, and there are no cars allowed on the island. It's called Mackinac Island, and it was where Somewhere in Time was filmed like 29 years ago if anyone has had that viewing pleasure.

Anywho, there are no cars so everything is transported by horse and the rather small downtown area becomes quite congested and I've had people yell at me to slow down and such, but on a ride one day a young, probably drunk gentleman yelled "YEAH MARATHON!!"

I've also heard, from a male, "he has a really nice butt, but I don't like his helmet."

- I just have to say, I LOVE Mackinac Island!!! (I'm originally from about an hour south of mackinaw) - I was there just a couple months ago, brought my boyfriend (from LA)

The funniest thing I've encountered was during the Army Ten-Miler a couple years ago.  There was a guy right by the starting line "cheering" us all on.

"Just 9.9 more miles!  Way to go!!!"

2009-07-29 9:27 PM
in reply to: #2314009

Veteran
Boulder, Colorado
Let's see, I've had the "run, forrest, run" comments, but those are just irritating and unoriginal. I've definitely had cars full of girls shout and honk, but that puts a smile on my face for a different reason. I guess the funniest thing would be all the way back in h.s. x-country when someone's stoner friend pulls up next to us and says "dude, you guys are going over 10 mph...", he couldn't believe it was our 6-mile recovery jog (speedos are way off at those speeds though, it was probably closer to 6:30 pace... I can't wait until I'm back in that kinda shape.) But yeah, if only I could remember some of the stories that came up during those runs... some were, well... quite unbelievable...

velcromom - 2009-07-28 8:16 PM

Auburn Tri, steep climb out of the lake - "on your left, MOM" - and my 15 year old went flying by!

lol, hilarious! I could so imagine doing that if I could ever get my mom into a tri.

2009-07-29 9:59 PM

Regular
Orchard Park
I have some good ones.

I run pretty regularly with the same friend on my lunch breaks at work.  Here are my 2 favorite of hundreds.

1.  Fat guy in a car leans out his car window while driving the opposite way of us and without slowing he yells "are you two going to run in to the woods and suck each other off".  We just looked at each other and laughed our off because there was nothing that we could say in return, he timed it perfectly, he was so clear and he was a fat mess.
2.  My friend is only 28 but he does have a full head of silver hair (which most times is dyed black).  So we are running through the village and this middle school girl looks at her friend and says "hey that looked just like your dad."  Needless to day his hair was back to black the next day.

I also once pulled up next to a motorcyclist at a long light and had a conversation with him.  At first I was expecting him to be a huge jerk but I was pleasantly surprised that he was so nice.  The only part of the conversation I can remember (and I can't remember how we got to this point) him saying was "I guess that is why I am so fat and you are so skinny"
2009-07-29 10:36 PM
in reply to: #2314590

Extreme Veteran
thefastestonmackinaw - 2009-07-29 8:38 AM I work on an island in northern Michigan during the summer, and there are no cars allowed on the island. It's called Mackinac Island, and it was where Somewhere in Time was filmed like 29 years ago if anyone has had that viewing pleasure.

Anywho, there are no cars so everything is transported by horse and the rather small downtown area becomes quite congested and I've had people yell at me to slow down and such, but on a ride one day a young, probably drunk gentleman yelled "YEAH MARATHON!!"

I've also heard, from a male, "he has a really nice butt, but I don't like his helmet."

Andrew Rix!!!!

I have never seen you post before! Congratulations! You never told me that story before... I am disappointed.

I get nothing good while training, just honks because I never wear a shirt when I run except in the wintertime.

2009-07-30 12:35 AM

An old pervert leans out of his pickup truck while my friend and I are running by : "NICE KNOCKERS!"  We were so annoyed and amused at the same time!

2009-07-30 7:11 AM

Extreme Veteran
Canton, MI. via Detroit
Just yesterday on my bike I was stuck at a red light. When this beat up old Toyota pulls up right next to me. 2 teenage boys sitting inside with the windows down. Being from DETROIT I'm not a big fan of Toyota. The light turns green, the driver yells at me "Get a car". I yelled back, "You first". The passenger yells, That's "Fcuking hilarious".
2009-07-30 8:38 AM

Regular
Three pretty good stories:

1. I was in Binghamton, and as I am running down the street I hear from this rather large woman across the street, "Daaamnnnn boy, you built like a sh** brickhouse."  I then had to go home and use urban dictionary to find out it was a compliment."

2. About a week ago I was just walking around my block cooling down after a run and my neighbor walks outside and sees me and says "You have to start running with a shirt on before my wife sees you."

3. Some kids on BMX bikes yell out "How fast can you go on that thing" to which I replied "55" and I heard a bunch of "Whoas" and "No ways."  It was partly true, cause I hit it once descending on the East side of Kirkwood in California.
2009-07-30 10:47 AM

Extreme Veteran

My training partner and I were running around the track one afternoon and I told her I needed to slow down. I made it a point to let her know that she is a heck of a better runner than I am and her comment back to me was, “that’s ok because I might be able to run but at least when you swim you don’t look like a fish flopping around out of the water.“ I got a kick out of it and couldn’t get that picture out of my head all day.  Laughing

2009-07-30 11:29 PM

Champion
The Green Between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
Had four merry widows with the top of the convertible down hooting and hollering at me at a red light. I think they made my day far more than I made theirs.

Was at a light with a biker dude and he said, "Nice bike, but mine's faster."
I looked at him and said, "Yeah, but let's see which one's engine lasts longer."

2009-08-02 3:46 PM

New user

Today while out for a ride:

I rode past a motorcycle motorcade coming the opposite direction as me on a country road.  It was pretty long with probably several hundred motorcycles, and took at least 5 minutes for them all to drive by.  There was an overweight guy sitting on his John Deere lawn mower at the farm on my side of the street watching them all go by and as I rode past him I waved, and he said "looks like you're outnumbered."  I laughed and kept on riding, getting a few honks from the motorcyclists.

Later I passed two girls standing out on the side of the street holding a sign that said "Car Wash - $5."  As I passed them they waved and yelled "two dollars!"  I got a pretty good laugh out of that too.  Now that I think about it my bike could probably use a good scrub down Tongue out.

Edited by Weiker08 2009-08-02 3:47 PM
2009-08-02 3:57 PM

Master
Highlands Ranch

Not said to me, but Friday I took my bike to work on the train, and rode home.  As I was passing a hotel/restaurant row, I went by driveway where about eight harleys were waiting to enter traiffic, saddled by colorful greybeards and their mates.  I raised an acknowledging hand as I approached, and along with the grins and nods in return one of the bikers' horns chimed in with a couple of bars of "Dixie".  Had that in my head for the rest of the ride home...

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Funny Things Said to You While Out Training Rss Feed  

of 5