General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Good LBS in Champagne? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-29 9:35 PM

Subject: Good LBS in Champagne?
Hi everyone!
I'm trying to get my brother-in-law a good birthday gift. He recently got into cycling and is finally upgrading to clipless pedals, so I was thinking maybe a gift certificate to an LBS to get some cleats would be a good idea. Unfortunately, being from Colorado I'm not sure where the good "local" bike shops are.

Do any of you have a recommendation for a local bike shop in/near Champagne? Thanks!

Edited to add: also, about how much would a decent pair of cycling cleats run there? Want to get enough for him to get started.

Edited by tissuedigester 2009-07-29 9:38 PM

2009-07-30 7:08 AM
in reply to: #2316391

User image

Expert
Champaign Area, IL
Subject: RE: Good LBS in Champagne?
tissuedigester - 2009-07-29 9:35 PM Hi everyone! I'm trying to get my brother-in-law a good birthday gift. He recently got into cycling and is finally upgrading to clipless pedals, so I was thinking maybe a gift certificate to an LBS to get some cleats would be a good idea. Unfortunately, being from Colorado I'm not sure where the good "local" bike shops are. Do any of you have a recommendation for a local bike shop in/near Champagne? Thanks! Edited to add: also, about how much would a decent pair of cycling cleats run there? Want to get enough for him to get started.

Champaign Cycle.....they have a website champaigncycle.com
2009-07-30 2:20 PM
in reply to: #2316649

User image

Expert
Cornfields of Illinois
jsoza - 2009-07-30 7:08 AM
tissuedigester - 2009-07-29 9:35 PM Hi everyone! I'm trying to get my brother-in-law a good birthday gift. He recently got into cycling and is finally upgrading to clipless pedals, so I was thinking maybe a gift certificate to an LBS to get some cleats would be a good idea. Unfortunately, being from Colorado I'm not sure where the good "local" bike shops are. Do any of you have a recommendation for a local bike shop in/near Champagne? Thanks! Edited to add: also, about how much would a decent pair of cycling cleats run there? Want to get enough for him to get started.

Champaign Cycle.....they have a website champaigncycle.com

I personally have never had a good experience at Champaign Cycle (and gave them 3 chances) but they do have a good selection of bike gear.   Durst Cycle on University isn't too bad either and i have had great service on my bikes from them.
2009-07-31 4:04 PM

Thanks!!
2009-08-01 8:20 AM

Veteran

I have good friends that work at both champaign cycle and durst cycles.  I live in town now and frequent/ride with people who work at both.

2009-08-03 9:30 AM

New user

Urbana
I have been a customer of both Durst and Champaign Cycle.  For my road bike that I just bought this year I went with Champaign Cycle only because Durst was insisting on selling me a bike that didn't fit me right.  They had 50cm and 54cm in stock and I need a 52cm.  They didn't seem interested in ordering one for me so I went to CC and they ordered my new Trek, outfitted it and fit me.  I think Champ Cycle is geared more toward the roadies and Durst toward MTB but that is just my opinion...they both are good.  But I have found myself going to Champ Cycle more often lately. 

I got a set of speed play petals at Cham Cycle for $115 plus $35 for install.  I also got a pair Shimano road shoes for around $125.  They also do basic and performance/aero bike fittings there at a cost of $45/$200 respectively. 

Hope this helps. 

Jay

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Good LBS in Champagne? Rss Feed