General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Talking the big step Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-04 6:35 AM

New user

Subject: Talking the big step
Hi All,I am Andrew from New Jersey and I am beginning to train to be a triathlete. I am 41 years old in shape, but with a torn ACL and five operations on my right knee which really limit my speed.I am totally new to this, but I really want to do this! I will start with Sprints, progress to Olympic lengths, and hopefully by 2011 be ready for the 70.3's.Any advice, inspiration, or encouragement would be welcome.Thanks for being a model of fitness goals to all us average guys and girls.

2009-08-04 11:58 AM
in reply to: #2326042

User image

Pro
Vestavia Hills
Subject: RE: Talking the big step
Welcome to BT ... great resources on this site.  While some content is geared specifically towards complete beginners you will find a good amount of information helpful to you as a more experienced athlete. Shoot, I've been doing this since 2005 and have done everything from sprint to IM distance races and I still frequently learn something new from here.

The first thing that I learned was that logging your workouts is the best way to maintain consistency in your training. Consistency not only leads to speed but also to injury prevention.  Check out the log function and start to blog your workouts.

The other thing is to be certain not to hesistate to ask any question.  This is not like Slowtwitch other forums where you will get flamed for asking something basic ... the tone here is much, much friendlier.

Good luck with your ACL + continued knee rehab.  Do your PT exercises no matter how mundane they appear to be ... it works!
2009-08-04 12:19 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Welcome to BT! ^^^^ great advice above! logging is very important....and there truly are NO dumb questions...just ask away! Soon you will be a triathlete...good luck!

2009-08-05 2:55 PM

New user

Thank you for your reponses. I am posting my training everyday. I hope to be following in your footsteps very shortly.

Thanks again! 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Talking the big step Rss Feed