General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Whoopsies... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-04 7:41 PM

User image

Expert
New York
Subject: Whoopsies...
I am training for a HIM that's happening on Sept. 20 but accidentally organized my training plan (the Free Half Ironman plan on BT) using Sept. 13 as my race day (I'm not really sure how that happened. I'm an idiot).

I just realized this today, btw. Glad I did, because I would have continued blithely on until I ran out of workouts one week.

Currently, I'm at the start of Week 6, 10.5 hours of training this week (my peak hours)...which should really be Week 7, with 9.5 hours of training...

So, how would you remedy to still race most effectively...should I repeat this week of training next week (thus doing two "peak weeks")? Ease up now and finish this week with the same workouts as last week and then be back on schedule next week?

If it makes a difference, I have a sprint scheduled for Aug 15 and a century on Aug 29.

2009-08-05 6:43 AM
in reply to: #2328337

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Whoopsies...

Use a very complex formula to combine 30% of last week, 50% of this week, and 20% of next week to build a special "gap week" so you can pick up the last 6 weeks properly.  

Or, if you recover well from this week, repeat it next week and pick up from there.  If not, adjust a little so you can re-enter the plan the following week. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Whoopsies... Rss Feed