General Discussion Triathlon Talk » second bike purchase concerns Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-05 2:18 PM

Veteran
Subject: second bike purchase concerns

I currently own a tri bike that fits great.  I am looking to get a road bike.  The shop I bought my bike from sells expensive cervelos and I was looking to spend 1200 on a trek 1.5 My concern is that I will get a road bike that doesnt duplicate my pedal cadence of my cervelo tri bike.  I was wondering if anyone has advice on this?  For instance if im running hills once a week then run flat ground twice or 3 times a week my knee starts to hurt so same thing with the bike fit, its seems simple maybe im overthinking this?  Help

2009-08-11 9:34 AM
in reply to: #2330078

Subject: RE: second bike purchase concerns
I don't know if it's the bike model so much that matters as far as cadence is concerned, but the gears you're using. Your road bike should have a range of gears that allows you to spin at whatever cadence you're comfortable. If not, you can pretty easily switch out the cassette for something else.

An ill-fitting bike can cause all kinds of pain, so regardless of the model you might have to fine-tune some things. I had knee pain on the bike and some slight adjustments to my cleat position helped. But if you're getting knee pain when running, maybe it's not due to your bike, but your running shoes or something? I didn't quite understand that part of your question.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » second bike purchase concerns Rss Feed