Other Resources My Cup of Joe » basket ball and terrorism!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2004-03-24 6:59 PM

Veteran
budapest, hungary.
Subject: basket ball and terrorism!!!!
hi there.
i know most of the members here are americans , but i have something to say aboute europe that is really annoying me, and it is regarding europian basketball and pollitics.
as you know or you dont know we play basketball in europe as well ,although not the number one team sports (soccer being the first) ,but we play and quite good ,and as an evidence is the number of europian players in the n.b.a (stoyakovich,pau gasol,novitzki).
isarel, although not part of europe (geography), participate in all of the europian sport events and championships. basketball is the number one sports in israel , our state champions, maccabi tel-aviv , who the won europian team campionship (the euroleague) 3 times and was 7 times runner up ,is facing strong problem.
to get to the point, this year final-four games of the euroleague are suppose to be held in tel-aviv (this event is being planed for 2 years), maccabi tel-aviv is in a great position to get there , and to win the cup for the 4th time , but this time in her own arina infront of home crowd.
few days ago the hamas leader was killed in gaza city by the israeli army , and now teams from spain are calling to change the location of the final-four event since it is not safe.
have they already forgot that 190 people were killed in madrid 2 weeks ago , or that terror acts occured in turkey2 months ago.
the thing is not that they are affraid ,but that they do not want maccabi tel-avib to win this year championship and they will do anything possible to prevent it from happening, and by doing that they let two things happen:
1) they degrade the expression FAIRPLAY.
2)they let terrorism achive its goals.

thank you if you had the patience to read this long thread , with so many grammer mistakes.
shay cahal, an angry maccabi tel-aviv fan.

Edited by shaycahal 2004-03-24 6:59 PM

2004-03-24 7:38 PM
in reply to: #14164

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2004-03-24 8:18 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2004-03-25 2:44 AM
in reply to: #14180

Veteran
budapest, hungary.
Subject: RE: basket ball and terrorism!!!!
hi.
yes, maccabi play all their games in the nokia arena.
if you want more details:
www.maccabi.co.il for the team web site
or www.euroleague.net for the web site of the europian league.
2004-03-25 8:21 AM

New Hampshire
But that’s been the case for soccer for years. When was the last time a club played a European game at home? You have to admit that it is a valid concern. Whilst terrorism is not an every day occurrence in Isreal it isn’t uncommon either and more happens there than anywhere else I can think of.
2004-03-26 2:40 AM
in reply to: #14275

Veteran
budapest, hungary.
you are right, but the best security against terror is in israel. israel is a western country that keeps a normal life ,this one of the way to fight terrorism to show that you are not affraid, so canceling any sport events is a wrong act.

2004-03-28 10:54 PM
in reply to: #14497

Veteran
Malvern PA
You are in Israel? I thought it was Hungary.

I wonder if the cancellation wasn't partly a protest against the hit on Yassin, that did not seem to go over so well in the EU. It's a sad state of affairs when politics interferes with the important things in life.
2004-03-29 1:09 AM
in reply to: #15052

Veteran
budapest, hungary.
i'm an israeli currently studing abroad in hungary. what's there to protest against yasin hit, maybe his hit is not so politicly correct. but the man is a skum, a terrorist not diffrent in anything from ben-ladden. the countries in europe should learn and embrace the u.s foreign policy and stop being such hipocrats. the white house spokman said that the goverment of israel should do as she see fit , inorder to protect her self. the europian position was so different and i can not understand it , what do they need another 11.9 , but now in europe to understand what kind of people they are facing.
2004-03-29 10:10 AM

Regular
White House
So the real solution to all the problems would be to just kill off anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view? Nice, real democratic solution.

2004-03-29 2:47 PM
in reply to: #15130

Veteran
budapest, hungary.
hi. i didny said it . this man had ordered the killing of more then 400 civilians (not talking about soldiers), i think that the penealty for that in the u.s ( in most of the states) is death.
i dont have a problem with the one swho dont agree with me ( i'm a left wing person in my political opinion) , only with the ones who want to kill me and my familiy. mr yasin was one of those peoples , he wouldnot hesitate for a moment to send a suicide bomber to kill me and my wife while we are sitting in a bus going to visit freinds. or maybe you think that yasin, bin laden and sadam husein are victims!!!!!!

Edited by shaycahal 2004-03-29 2:59 PM
2004-03-29 4:49 PM

Regular
White House
Just like Yasin only had a problem with people trying to kill him and his family.

It works both ways, it always have, it always will, until someone forgives first.

2004-03-30 5:38 AM
in reply to: #15245

Veteran
budapest, hungary.
please haris . go and learn the middle east history back to beging of the 20th century , and then talk to me . it clear you are not familiar with it and you got your knowlege fron cnn or something like that. have you ever been to the m.east? did you see a bus exploading, and parts of bodies spreaded all over the streets? or ill go to the other side have you ever been to gaza and seen the problems there (poberty) . did you know that mr. yasin said its o.k to tempt lchildren to make suicide bombing by telling them that they will get to heaven and will have sex with 72 virgins. i guess you didnt see or know that stuff , because you sit infront of the computer in ontario canda ,writing statements about things, which is clear that you dont understand anyhting about. i wouldnt presume to write anything about candian/american inner politics becuse my knowlage at that field is quite limited. DO ME A FAVOR , GO READ , ABOUT MR.YASIN HIS IDEAS (did u know that he wanted to terminate the state of israel, he did not want any peace and wouldnt accept any agreement b/w hamas and the state of israel), GO READ ABOUT HAMAS.
2004-03-30 8:09 AM
in reply to: #15358

Champion
Gold member
sorry gentlemen.  this thread doesnt seem to be taking a turn for the better...its becoming too heated for the general well being of this sport we are first and foremost trying to promote...no offense to the parties involved but i just dont see how this can remain benificial to the board at large...it is clearly a very personal matter.  your both great guys nonetheless and we love to see your posts on the board...
New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » basket ball and terrorism!!!! Rss Feed