General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving from Sprint to Olympic - maybe Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-09 12:22 AM

User image

Subject: Moving from Sprint to Olympic - maybe
About 1 year ago was my 1st sprint. I just repeat it and my buddy wants to do an Olympic in 5 weeks so I'm uping my training from the sprint training.  I swam a mile tonight and can't image biking 25 miles after that.

Has anyone made this jump?

Comments?

2009-08-09 10:04 AM
in reply to: #2336493

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest
Subject: RE: Moving from Sprint to Olympic - maybe

I have done this, but I had a lot more than 5 weeks--I did a 20-week sprint-to-oly plan and that worked out great.  It depends on what your goals are, what your training history is, etc.  Of the 5 weeks you have before the Oly, some of that will be a taper where you realistically cannot add more fitness.....perhaps you should look at the last 5 weeks of an Oly plan and see if the training looks at all similar to where you are right now with your own ability.  If not, maybe set a goal for next year and do this year's as a relay?  As an aside, I'm in the last 5 weeks of my oly-to-HIM plan and it is really hard!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving from Sprint to Olympic - maybe Rss Feed