General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ankle pain? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-12 7:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Ankle pain?
So I am back - it has been about 3 yrs now since I found this site & first took an interest in "tri's". I have only completed 1 tri in that time & a half dozen or so 5K's. Consistency has been a struggle to say the least.

But I am on my third week now of some of my most consistent training - it has been I light week - and I have had no problems until today. After my swim this morning - probably 2 hrs later - I had to "jog" out of the way of a car in a parking lot - maybe 10yds & got a "to the bone ache" in my ankle/shin area. I didn't twist it or stomp it - just a light trot. I tried to walk it off as I wondered the store but got to the point of excruciating pain & having to sit in the aisle & hold/rub it. Pain backed off so I continued on my way - by the time I got to the register I was in obvious pain to the point of the cashier getting me a wheelchair -  I sat for a couple of min & the pain subsided - as I walked to my truck it returned the further I walked - I considered calling my wife to come get me as I wasn't sure I could even operate the gas pedal. I had several phone calls to make & probably sat in the truck for 10 mins or so & the pain agian eased off - I took a couple ibuprofen & continued on with my day - 30 min later I realized I was no longer in any pain. All day now nothing has returned. I have a long bike ride tomorrow - I am leary right now. It felt like what I have always called a growing pain - but I know those days are long over & this was much more intense.

Any ideas?

HTFU?

Edited by tntexpres 2009-08-12 7:11 PM

2009-08-13 7:27 AM
in reply to: #2345101

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Woodlands/Magnolia, TX.
Subject: RE: Ankle pain?

dude, if the pain is coming on that strong and that quick you may want to take a few days off as a precaution.  in my experience, you can usually push through the growing pains with some light exercise so if it continues AT ALL on your ride, see a doc.  ankle problems suck, especially ones that linger becuase you don't take proper care of them up front.

2009-08-13 4:34 PM
in reply to: #2345101

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Ankle pain?
Thanks for the response. Headed out shortly for my ride - we'll see how it goes. No problems all day today though - I've unloaded a pallet of stone - loaded & unloaded 25 (50 lb) bags of thin set - jumped in & out of the bed of the truck several times - paying close attention to how I land or twist but nada.....no pain at all.

Weird -
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ankle pain? Rss Feed