General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Daddy is back! (Running problem fixed) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-15 8:57 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, Texas
Subject: Daddy is back! (Running problem fixed)
Last season (1st tri season) I was running 7:30 mile splits in tri's. I was running high 6&change by itself. This season my running dropped off significantly with 8:30+ mile splits and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. Then my dad came out to my last triathlon and got to watch me run. He told me I was dropping my shoulders and then it hit me! I injured my shoulder at the beginning of the season and kept running all the while developing the horrible habit of dropping my injured shoulder. I kept running this way through muscle memory even though my shoulder was fine now. I am in the best shape of my life and tonight, I ran 3 miles knowing what to fix. 17:30, 5:50/mile. What a difference form makes! With my shoulders kicked back, my stride lengthened and arms pumped at 90degress not crossing my body.

My whole point in this is for y'all to know that even though you've recovered from an injury, make sure your form is back in place and can kick possible bad habits formed through training with an injury. Also...ugh, listen to your parents no matter how old you are.

2009-08-16 7:34 PM
in reply to: #2351026

User image

Elite
Evergreen, CO
Subject: RE: Daddy is back! (Running problem fixed)
Can your dad come to my next race?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Daddy is back! (Running problem fixed) Rss Feed