General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Once Tri season begins...how much? how intense? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-17 6:14 AM

Subject: Once Tri season begins...how much? how intense?
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and the sport. Loving every minute of training! Just curious, I'm about to enter triathlon 'season' which is during the winter as I live in the UAE. I've identified about 5 local races (Olympic distance) between now and January and I'd like to be involved in as many as possible. I'm on a strict training regiment now but once the season begins, how much should I be training? At what intensity? 

Cheers for any help you can offer! Wink 

2009-08-17 9:01 AM
in reply to: #2352422

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: Once Tri season begins...how much? how intense?
Welcome to BT!  And good luck with your season!

As for what sort of training???  It all depends on what you have been doing already, what you've done in the past (in relation to racing), whatyour goals are, what your strengths and weaknesses are and where you hope to excel.

In other words, the reason you have not gotten any answers is your questions are so open ended that they are impossible to clearly answer.
2009-08-17 9:13 AM
in reply to: #2352422

User image

Master
Seattle, California
Subject: RE: Once Tri season begins...how much? how intense?
That depends on a lot of factors.  How far apart, which race will be your A race which will be C races, what is your current fitness and how do you feel with your training load.  Properly training during a race season is a bit of an art.  And what works the best for someone wont always work the best for you.

BT has a few training plans available that could show you what training for an oly should look like.  Maybe try one and then modify it to suit your needs. 

Edited by Global 2009-08-17 9:16 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Once Tri season begins...how much? how intense? Rss Feed