General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ragnar Relay Volunteers Needed! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-20 1:09 PM

Subject: Ragnar Relay Volunteers Needed!

(I posted this in the Maryland forum as well, but just to hit the other locals)

On behalf of myself, and fellow BTers Vball (Traci) and Artemis (Jen), I'm calling upon the good people of BT for help!

The Ragnar Relay is a 193-race that takes place on Friday, September 25th and Saturday, September 26th, along a route starting in Cumberland, MD and ending in downtown DC. One of the conditions of participation is that each team recruit 3 volunteers to help staff the course. If we do not recruit 3 volunteers, we are not allowed to participate. My team still needs TWO volunteers to fulfill our quota. The only other option is to pay an exhorbitant fee to "buy" them (and the money goes to charity), but this race is expensive as it is, and I know my team will not want to pony up the extra cash.

Here are the necessary links. The first is the basic deal about volunteering, the second is the list of shifts currently available. Registration began on the 14th, so a lot are already filled. Get a buddy and sign up for the same shift so you'll have a friend!

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/dc/volunteers.php

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/dc/shifts2009.html

Please know that our volunteers will be repaid generously for their efforts - gift cards to various running/bike/tri shops (depending on where you live - I will make sure it's convenient!), or possibly an online gc to a tri outfitter, plus various treats of an edible and alcoholic nature.

Please shoot me a PM if you are interested - you will need the team name and number to register.

Thanks - we really appreciate any help you can give us!

2009-08-26 11:22 AM
in reply to: #2360594

Subject: RE: Ragnar Relay Volunteers Needed!

Bump.

We still need two volunteers for the race. There are some early morning positions right in downtown DC (near Haine's Point) where the finish line will be set up. If we do not get volunteers, we will not be allowed to participate. Again, volunteers will be HEAVILY rewarded for their efforts.

Thanks again!

2009-08-27 3:07 PM
in reply to: #2360594

Subject: Volunteers Need - Update in Availability

Sorry for the third bump, but new information:

Apparently, the RD is willing to work with those who do not have enough volunteers, to reopen some of the more reasonable positions, like during non-insane hours on Saturday in the Rockville/Bethesda/Chevy Chase area and downtown DC. So if you have some time on Saturday morning/afternoon or afternoon/evening, and would like to help, please let me know.

Only one more volunteer needed!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ragnar Relay Volunteers Needed! Rss Feed