General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone here from Stillwater? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-25 10:48 AM

New user

Subject: Anyone here from Stillwater?
I'm fairly new in town - my wife is studying at OSU to get her master's degree, and I am constantly seeking a job here or nearby. I've never competed in a triathlon, but I spend a lot of time in the gym strength training, so a few weeks ago I decided to put it to good use. Heh.

I was surprised to see Oklahoma has it's own thread on the forum here - are tri's big in OK?

If there are Stillwater natives here, I usually run at Boomer Lake to get my 5k time, and my other training is done at the Colvin Center on campus (that spouse discount is sweet!).

2009-09-01 2:19 PM
in reply to: #2369189

User image

over a barrier
Subject: RE: Anyone here from Stillwater?
I grew up in Stillwater, Dad and I used to ride our bikes out to Lake Carl Blackwell in the late 80's...

Haven't been back in a long long time...Just don't do your open water swims in Theta pond
2009-09-03 11:32 PM
in reply to: #2369189

User image

Veteran
Boulder, Colorado
Subject: RE: Anyone here from Stillwater?
I know a few of the people that started some kind of triathlon club or team at OSU. Not sure when they train or anything like that though. For a good beginner tri, check out the F3 Sprint Tri (http://www.fleetfeettulsa.com/f3-sprint-tri) in claremore on oct. 4. It'll be the last one of the season for Oklahoma.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone here from Stillwater? Rss Feed