General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin 305 cradle issues Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-30 7:37 PM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Subject: Garmin 305 cradle issues
Hey gang - I've been loving my Garmin 305 since I got it for Christmas, but the past few months I've been having some issues with the cradle, wanted to see if it was a common complaint or just mine. When I first place the unit in the cradle, I get the Battery Charging in Progress message, then it blinks off, and I can't connect to the device on the computer (plus it's not charging). Today I had to sort of hold it still in place to get my workout uploaded. Sometimes when I put it on the cradle, it turns itself on instead of going to charging mode, but most often I just get a blank screen or the 5 second charging msg then blank screen.

I've also not been able to get it to charge with the AC adaptor thing.

It's kind of a PITA, but not debilitating yet. Anyone else with something similar?

THANKS!

2009-08-30 8:27 PM
in reply to: #2379347

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fleming Island, FL
Subject: RE: Garmin 305 cradle issues
Mine started having issues like that and it turned out to be from poor contact internally with the battery. I started a thread on the general triathlon talk forum and found my answer. What seems to happen is that the top and bottom halves are glued together and after time the two pieces partially separate which can cause poor contact with the battery. Some people were able to reglue theirs and get them working again. I pulled mine apart and found that there was corrosion on a little circuit board that makes contact with the battery so I had to send mine in for a reburbished replacement. Mine was out of warranty, but if your is less than a year old you should be able to get it replaced by Garmin. It could turn out to be that you just need to clean the contacts on the back of the 305.

Here is the link to the thread:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Edited by rgretsof 2009-08-30 8:31 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin 305 cradle issues Rss Feed