General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wanted: Gainesville Bike Riding Partner Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-31 11:06 AM

Subject: Wanted: Gainesville Bike Riding Partner
I would love to find a Gainesville gal to ride with.

I'm pretty new to cycling (an enthusiastic novice!) and would mostly be riding on the weekends or evenings. I have consistently been biking the Hawthorne trail, because I don't have a riding partner to do road rides. I'm a little nervous to hit the road solo.

If anyone is interested, let me know!

Mindy

2009-09-01 8:53 PM
in reply to: #2380376

User image

Tampa
Subject: RE: Wanted: Gainesville Bike Riding Partner
I no longer live in Gainesville but there are a ton of group rides at different paces (including some slower ones that don't do pacelines or draft) that are organized through Gainesville Cycling Club - check out www.gccfla.org The group rides leave from the Chevron on Millhopper and NW 43rd street a lot of the time on weekends.  People are very friendly and welcoming to newcomers - just pick one of the slower rides - the Lo Bees might be a good one. 

There is also a group that rides out of the vet school - generally known as the VetMed ride.  They do some rides on week nites as well as a long weekend one.  They consistently ride in a double pace line and the speed varies, but I think there is one specifically for newer riders. 

I miss the Hawthorne trail!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wanted: Gainesville Bike Riding Partner Rss Feed