General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chicago Triathlon Anyone? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-31 11:28 PM

User image

Singapore
Subject: Chicago Triathlon Anyone?

Hello all!I just wanted to get the ball rolling here coz I"m super curious how everyone's Chicago Triathlon was this past weekend. I've just posted my race report - actually its for the '08 race but still!

Here's a little teaser:

"5..4..3..2..1...And they're off!"

This is what I heard as I got within earshot of the Start. That was MY start!? I started sprinting and barged through the chute to the starting line. I told the official I was a white cap and had to be with THOSE guys!

Chicago Triathlon Triple Challenge
http://www.triharder.co.za/2009/triharder/chicago-triathlon-triple-challenge/

I really would love to hear your own stories!

Tri HARDER!
Brian

2009-09-01 12:17 PM
in reply to: #2381791

User image

Master
Gold Coast Australia.
Subject: RE: Chicago Triathlon Anyone?
It was a great event and I had a ball. From the ride to the transition at 4am, walking the bike among thousands in the dark of the night, crazy transition, murky water overcrowded with swimmers, peloton style ride and the run on all familiar to me lakefront path - it will reamin in the memory forever.

The part I also cherish is meeting a lady in her 60s after the race as I was picking up the bike from transition. She came from New York to do the triathlon and even though she swam regularly in the Hudson river fir 30 years (!!!), this swim knocked her out totally. Apparently she also lived on the 5th floor in NY and carried her bike up the stairs every day. She was a real inspiration and its people/characters like that I really enjoy meeting. I don't know who won the race, neither do I care, but she was one of the winners in my book...

Race report.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chicago Triathlon Anyone? Rss Feed