General Discussion Triathlon Talk » hydration water bottles Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-01 9:12 AM

Subject: hydration water bottles
Silly question, but will ask anyways: What size water bottles do you guys use for Full Ironman?The size ranges from 20oz, 21oz, 24oz, 500ml, to 700ml?Also, how many do will you guys use for Full IM?Anyone use the hydration cages in back of seat post or Aero bottle on the aerobars?Looking to get it, just looking for some feedback on it.Thanks for any help/direction you can give me!

2009-09-01 2:19 PM
in reply to: #2382235

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN
Subject: RE: hydration water bottles
I use 24oz bottles.  I have a rear hydration rack for two bottles and 1 bottle each on my downtube and seatube.  I don't have aerobars(I ride a roadie with GT Jammers that are too short to fit a bottle up front).

My plan is three bottles of Infinit and one water, getting more water at water stations, 3 more bottles of Infinit at Special Needs for the second half.  I might change my mind after I volunteer next week, but that seems to be my best option since I can't run a bottle up front.

Though I am not crazy about the price, I am thinking of getting the Speedfil for IMWI 2010.  I would like to be able to drink without having to reach for my bottle every 15 minutes.

Edited by Gregkl 2009-09-01 2:20 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » hydration water bottles Rss Feed