General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Aspiring runner stumbles across triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-01 12:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sykesville
Subject: Aspiring runner stumbles across triathlon
I wouldn't describe myself a "new triathlete".  I'm more of an "aspiring" runner who bought a bike for cross training and has been talking to the trainers at the gym about starting to swim.  I stumbled across BT while looking for an online training log.  I've been using the log and reading the training articles and have been very impressed.  I've started reading the forums the last few days and have to admit I got a real kick out of some of the discussions.  I've been very active in other forums and thought it was really funny when I realized that people can get into a heated discussion online about pretty much any topic. 

I have my training schedule planned out for several running races this fall and spring so I don't see a triathlon fitting into the schedule soon.  I'm planning to spend the winter swimming.  If everything goes well I'll be able to work up to the point that I fell as comfortable in the water as I do on the road so I can give this tri thing a try next summer.

Drew

2009-09-01 12:40 PM
in reply to: #2382844

User image

Master
Sacramento, California
Subject: RE: Aspiring runner stumbles across triathlon
Welcome to BT!  Good Luck on your Journey!
2009-09-03 9:45 AM
in reply to: #2382844

Regular
Subject: RE: Aspiring runner stumbles across triathlon

I wish you well......your journey will be worth it in the end!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Aspiring runner stumbles across triathlon Rss Feed