General Discussion Triathlon Talk » West Bend Council on AODA Tri Followup Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-02 10:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mayville, Wi
Subject: West Bend Council on AODA Tri Followup

Anyone do this race?  I was there, but in a volunteer capacity (body marking and directing at the the Z/Townline intersection). 

Anyway, as one of only two experienced triathletes who volunteered, the race director has invited me to the Council's wrap-up meeting tomorrow (Thursday) morning.  While I have some of my own notes on what they can do to improve in future years, I'd love to share any suggestions race participants may have.  Anyone?

2009-09-02 1:05 PM
in reply to: #2384844

Veteran
Kenosha, WI
Subject: RE: West Bend Council on AODA Tri Followup
It was my first smaller race,  kinda got spoiled in Pleasant Prairie;  I had a great time though.  Race went smooth.  My only complaint or suggestion would be the lack of security with the transition area...  I just got a new bike and I thought for sure it would be gone by the time I finished the run.  Nothing was marked and the kids standing by the entrance had no idea what was going on.

A volunteer meeting prior to race day may have been helpful.  I got the impression 3 people knew what was going on and 1 could make decisions.

Fun race though,  challenging layout.
2009-09-02 1:35 PM
in reply to: #2384844

User image

Someone i talked to today said the age group awards were humorous.......$5.00 and a certificate done on 'Word.' She didn't care and had fun.
2009-09-02 4:15 PM
in reply to: #2385336

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mayville, Wi
drewbialk - 2009-09-02 1:05 PM It was my first smaller race,  kinda got spoiled in Pleasant Prairie;  I had a great time though.  Race went smooth.  My only complaint or suggestion would be the lack of security with the transition area...  I just got a new bike and I thought for sure it would be gone by the time I finished the run.  Nothing was marked and the kids standing by the entrance had no idea what was going on.

A volunteer meeting prior to race day may have been helpful.  I got the impression 3 people knew what was going on and 1 could make decisions.

There actually WAS a volunteer orientation the evening before.  I was more than a little surprised to find that almost no one there had any idea what a triathlon even is.

i will absolutely pass your comments along.  The race director told me Saturday morning to address any issues i came across as i saw fit - unfortunately, i was stationed at an intersection on the run and was nowhere near the transition area.
2009-09-02 5:35 PM
in reply to: #2385789

Regular
Vitamin_B - 2009-09-02 4:15 PM
drewbialk - 2009-09-02 1:05 PM It was my first smaller race,  kinda got spoiled in Pleasant Prairie;  I had a great time though.  Race went smooth.  My only complaint or suggestion would be the lack of security with the transition area...  I just got a new bike and I thought for sure it would be gone by the time I finished the run.  Nothing was marked and the kids standing by the entrance had no idea what was going on.

There actually WAS a volunteer orientation the evening before.  I was more than a little surprised to find that almost no one there had any idea what a triathlon even is.

i will absolutely pass your comments along.  The race director told me Saturday morning to address any issues i came across as i saw fit - unfortunately, i was stationed at an intersection on the run and was nowhere near the transition area.

hey vitamin b you should look around first as far as tri/volunteer i was there from 5:00 till 11:00 with my wife &daughter at the swim start and in tran.and take down and clean up
as far as a volunteer meeting i could not make it cause  
i was outside doing bike saftey check then setting up tran. till 8:00
as for security ya they didn't check out bike but just looking at people coming and going you can tell the beginner from the triathele so no one was walk off with someone bike  
 but all in all i'm reading some good feed back all 7 of themLaughing
have fun at the meeting tommorrow can make it have to work
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » West Bend Council on AODA Tri Followup Rss Feed