General Discussion Triathlon Talk » In the perfect world Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-03 8:39 AM

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
Subject: In the perfect world
What would be the perfect Tri Shop for you? Bike Brands?, Location? Onsite workout facility? Computrainer classes? Endless Pool for wetsuit fits? A tri shop "team?" Service, etc.....What do you feel like you miss when going into a TRI specific shop?What is something you feel like you love at your local shop!?

2009-09-03 8:57 AM
in reply to: #2386776

Subject: RE: In the perfect world
I want 2 things:1. Access to bikes that fit differently: have an aggressive (long + low) brand, a moderate brand, and a relaxed (short and tall) brand. Then you know you can get anyone on the bike that fits them.2. People knowledgeable about riding a tri bike. The people at my LBS are great - they know bikes, they know road, they can fix anything, but they know nothing about tri-specific (even though they claim to). I would not trust them to fit me, or recommend products that I'm not familiar with. What they can do: fix any problem I have, get me what I need quickly, so long as I insist on having all the input.Example, I bought a front FP80, and they told me I was crazy for keeping my old training wheel with a disc cover, that a FP80 rear would be faster. It was the typical roadie weight weenie opinion (which is incidentally almost universally wrong). However if I told them that I wanted a powertap SL laced into a DT Swiss 1.2 rim, they could do that quickly and right.I don't see the draw to training facilities. I don't want to be stuck with a bike shop for my training; equipment and workouts stay separate there. Organizing group rides/workouts, however, huge plus.
2009-09-04 5:28 PM
in reply to: #2386776

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
Subject: RE: In the perfect world
Nice input.  Thank you!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » In the perfect world Rss Feed