General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri-Newbie Advice Please!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-03 8:45 AM

New user

Cyprus
Subject: Tri-Newbie Advice Please!!!
Hi to all you guys reading this. 

Well firstly i'll tell you a little about me.  My hobbies and my multi-event racing history.

I am fairly fit as I am member of the British Armed Forces.  25 years old and married + 2 boys.  I am currently serving on the Beautiful Island of Cyprus.  Apart from my family and work my hobbies include Rugby, Football (Soccer to my American Friends) and general fitness training.

I am currently training to do a personally organised charitable event of 7 Full Marathons in 7 Days accross the island in aid of many charities, please look at http://www.7in7.weebly.com (please sponsor me if you can).

Why then, have I looked at triathlon?

I am sure many of you ask that question.  Well as part of my training for the 7in7 i have included cross training (Swimming, Cycling, Circuits, etc.)  and my Physical Trainer then pointed me at a triathlon, not tried a complete one yet as waiting for my bike, but on a Road bike i have a chill over 20k of 28 minutes ish.  and can swim, but my technique needs brushing up as I am a sprint swimmer, so tend  not to breathe as much as I should.  Which led to a [Drunken] agreement that after the 7in7 marathon I will do a 7in7 Triathlon. Oh God!!

So here I am now. Looking to join your world and hoping you'll welcome me in.

As for multi-event training, I was the British Nordic Cross-Country Champion in 2004. but snow is cold, so left that alone.

Well thats me.

Hope to hear from some new guys soon.

If any of you are visiting Cyprus let me know and we'll go on a route.

Aaron

2009-09-03 9:29 AM
in reply to: #2386796

Regular
Subject: RE: Tri-Newbie Advice Please!!!
Welcome and Good Luck!!
2009-09-07 11:53 PM

User image

Pro
Evanston,

Enjoy the triathlon life!  Yes, long-distance swimming is very different from sprint swimming - focus on making everything long and smooth, and you'll get used to it in no time.  Welcome to BT!

2009-09-13 9:23 AM

Good luck Aaron

I spend a lot of the year near Agios Tychonas, so If you ever fancy a run up a hot hill.......lol

Good Luck!

Feel free to follow my IM challenge called project Potato. Couch Potato to Iron man!

http://projectpotato.blogspot.com/
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri-Newbie Advice Please!!! Rss Feed