General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Fit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-04 9:19 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: Bike Fit
My friend received her first bike as a present. After rides, her shoulder, arms, and hands are in extreme pain. Pretty obvious its the bike fit. I told her to go back to her LBS and get the fit adjusted. Comes to find out, when her parents bought her bike, the bike shop fitted the bike to her mother because she is "around" the same size. Ya, I know, I rolled my eyes too. So basically the LBS said there is nothing they can do for her, they claim they can't fit her bike to her. She didn't say if it was too big or small, she mention they can "try to bring her handlebars in" bur there has to be something that can be done. Btw, there is only one LBS in her town, so I turn to all of you for some advice to help her out, Thanks in advance

2009-09-04 9:56 PM
in reply to: #2390833

User image

On your right
Subject: RE: Bike Fit
It just sounds to me like they're being lazy.  Unless the bike was custom made, there's no reason it can't be adjusted.
2009-09-04 11:36 PM
in reply to: #2390866

User image

Veteran

Well... there are limits to the adjustments you can make, if the frame is too big or too small.

As for your friend, she can look at youtube for videos about how to set up the proper bike fit and try to do it herself.

Alternatively, she can video herself on a bike trainer (side view) and post it on here for feedback.

Good luck!
2009-09-05 5:43 AM
in reply to: #2390833

User image

Extreme Veteran
when i first started using my new bike(that i did have fitted) my hands ,shoulders and neck hurt, not bad, but i was not bike fit, it does not happen any more, it took some hours in the saddle, so ask your friend is the pain she is getting because of new position, bike could it be she just is not bike fit, has she been on a bike before?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Fit Rss Feed