General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Here I come Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-05 7:07 AM

User image

Subject: Here I come
Hello WA!! I am so excited to be two days away from my drive to see the wonderful state once again.

I will be riding the High Pass Challenge on Sept 13th and then kayaking for 5 days in the San Jauns.
My question to you up there, I really would like to get some swim training in, Is it possible to train ow in the San Jauns with kayak support? I should have my own brigade of 5 kayaks or more, but is the water too cold with a wetsuit, earplugs and a neoprene swim cap?

I am leaving on Monday from Texas to start my drive, hopefully getting some running in on the way. I was sick this past week so I can't take off too much time now, my next race is in NOV.

Can't wait so see my FAVORITE state again.

2009-09-05 10:25 AM
in reply to: #2391021

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Subject: RE: Here I come
I would be very, very careful about OWS in the San Juans depending on where exactly you are going. There are some very dangerous currents that run through certain areas. The water is cold but with a wetsuit should be tolerable. There are a few other places to swim. Roche Harbor on the NW corner of San Juan Island has a great pool. There is also a fresh water lake in Moran State Park on Orcas Island that is actually hosting a tri tomorrow.

The San Juans are an amazingly beautiful place but be careful. There are accidents out there every year.

Edited by popsracer 2009-09-05 10:26 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Here I come Rss Feed