General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aero Tech Designs Shorts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-05 8:32 PM

Subject: Aero Tech Designs Shorts
Hello All! Quick question: I just received my Tri shorts from Aero Tech Designs - the Aero Tech Designs High Performance Mens Triathlon Shorts. After trying them on, I have a feeling that I must have received the wrong ones as I feel the pad is much bigger than I thought. But then again, I have no experience with padded shorts.

SO.....has anybody else tried these shorts and if so....was the pad pretty big? Basically I am wondering if I got the right shorts.

Thanks!

2009-09-07 8:24 AM
in reply to: #2391794

Veteran
New York
Subject: RE: Aero Tech Designs Shorts

120in12 - I have previously used the original aero tech shorts, and recently purchased the High Performance ones. The new pad is designed to be a little bigger than the standard shorts used to be, but it's made of a foam that doesn't hold very much water, dries fast, and provides a bit more comfort.

Which colors did you go with? AeroTech is in the middle of a site redesign, and I can't find the High Performance shorts anymore. I did the blue/black.

2009-09-07 5:12 PM

I have the solid black ones. I finally broke down and wore this morning for a short bike/run brick. Have to say that they are really not that bad once you get used to them. Actually, quite comfortable. Big pad for sure though.

Bad thing is that i got the string in a knot and I tried to just pull my shorts off so that I could get them off and work on the knot....yeah broke the string.

Worse things coul dhave happened.
2009-09-08 3:43 PM
in reply to: #2393592

Bad thing is that i got the string in a knot and I tried to just pull my shorts off so that I could get them off and work on the knot....yeah broke the string.

Worse things could have happened.

All our shorts come with an unconditional guarantee, and we will be happy to replace/repair you a new pair since your tie broke.  Feel free to give me a call tomorrow at 412-262-3255 between 9-5 eastern time.  My name is Steve. 
2009-09-12 7:14 PM
in reply to: #2395308

Thanks Steve. My wife ended up just cutting a small hole in the back and re-threaded it. However, this is the type of customer service that will keep me coming back to you guys and will recommend you to EVERYONE.

BTW - the shorts are VERY comfortable. Gotta say it was one of the best decisions I have made in going ahead and ordering them
2009-09-13 1:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Jenison , MI
I have the Tri shorts and a bike top. Love to top but the shorts were great for about 70-80 miles and the pad started to come apart. I went to a pair of Oomph shorts and don't think I'll use anything else now.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aero Tech Designs Shorts Rss Feed