General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My First Tri was... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-12 1:45 PM

User image

Veteran
Hudson Valley, NY
Subject: My First Tri was...
Absolutely Awesome!  I'm totally hooked - already looking at the calendar for next spring and trying to figure out my training for fall/winter.  Love it! 

The swim part was great - the OWS was exhilarating, the bike was terrific, and the run was good (the run is not my favorite part - something I need to work on).   It was a 1/4 mi swim (but shorter than that, really), 14 mi bike and 3 mi run, and I was shooting to do it in under 2 hours.  My time (according to my watch - the splits/results aren't posted yet Frown) was 1:40, so I'm very pleased, and I finished (which was really my goal) and had a blast.   My kids really enjoyed cheering for mom, and it was neat to have them, my husband and my mom there at each transition.

I was so worried about rain today, but it ended up being a perfect day - 65 degrees, overcast and no rain.  

Thanks to all of you who answered questions that I asked.  They truly helped.

Jen

2009-09-12 1:54 PM
in reply to: #2402313

User image

Panama City Beach
Subject: RE: My First Tri was...
Good Job!  Makes the training worth it, to reach your goals.  I think it's a great example for kids to see either parent compete like this, but I think it's even better with they see their mom as a competitor.  Again, Good Job!
2009-09-12 7:41 PM
in reply to: #2402313

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: My First Tri was...
Great Job Jen.  How bout some pictures of the race?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My First Tri was... Rss Feed