General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Foot trouble? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-13 9:41 AM

Subject: Foot trouble?
I am pretty active with climbing and hiking but then i caught the tri bug. So about two months ago i started a regular training program of running, biking, and swimming. After a month or so, my achellies tendon got a little sore. I changed from running to walking and upped my bike time. That went on for a few weeks and my tendon felt fine. I had planned to start training harder on Monday(tomorrow) but when i got up this morning i could barely walk? About an inch off the floor if im standing flat, my tendon is sooo sore to the touch. Dosent hurt at all till i put weight on it. I can flex my foot up and down but it only hurts when i flex it up stretching the tendon. The last workout i did was biking Friday. Could this be something other than tendonitis? What would cause it to hurt so bad when i havent done anything that should have torn it? I just noticed my ankle is swelled a little to?? I can sqeeze and rub all over my foot/ankle, and tendon but it only hurts when i push straight in on the tendon right above my heel? Any one got any ideas? Thanks for any info. I most likely will go see my Dr. next week but I'm just curious if anyone else might have had this happen. Thanks again....shane

2009-09-13 11:31 AM
in reply to: #2403062

User image

Lafayette, CO
Subject: RE: Foot trouble?
Have you been doing any icing and/or stretching to help?  How quickly did you increase your run/walk time/distance? 
2009-09-13 11:24 PM
in reply to: #2403062

Hey Shane,
 https://www.google.com/health/ref/Plantar+fasciitis.  This is my guess.
Frank. 
2009-09-14 8:06 AM
in reply to: #2404304

Thanks for that link but after looking it over, I dont think thats it. The pain is on the back of my foot at the tendon instead of the bottom.  I can squeeze the tendon or what ever and it dosent hurt. It only hurts when i push in on the tendon about an inch above the bottom of my heel/foot. When i say puch, i mean barely touch....lol. Much better this morning but i still think i'll run it by my Dr. later this week. Thanks for the help folks....shane 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Foot trouble? Rss Feed