General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weird Swimming Thing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-28 11:56 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
South Orange
Subject: Weird Swimming Thing
Went to the pool today for my lunchtime 1/2 mile swim. Nothing changed, same clothes, goggles etc. The entire swim I felt like I was teetering on a panic attack. Never felt like I was getting enough air. Noone else in the pool as is usual for my lunchtime swims. Thoughts? Advice? My time overall was right in line as my usual times.

2009-09-28 6:12 PM
in reply to: #2429840

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Subject: RE: Weird Swimming Thing

ok, I am not sure if there is a right ansure, but I have a few ideas. First, I checked you blog, if you are logging all of your workouts, then the time off between swims could be a base fitness issue. Assuming you have missed a few log entrys, I would watch out for a cold about to start, or overtraining in the pool. The water can be intimidating if you are not comfortable. I had an ocean swim durring a race a few weekends back, and suffered some panic myself. I consider myself a pretty decent OW swimmer, but the extra cold, small swells, and lack of training leading up to the race gave me the most stress ever in a race.

Good luck chasing down you solution in the pool.

2009-09-28 11:23 PM
in reply to: #2429840

Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: Weird Swimming Thing
It happens. Your body was less efficient than normal, but you pushed to maintain your usual pace. You probably should've taken it a bit easier, done more drills, taken it a bit easier than usual.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weird Swimming Thing Rss Feed