General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Brand new to tri... advice welcome Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-28 11:58 PM

User image

Veteran
San Francisco
Subject: Brand new to tri... advice welcome
I'm brand new to Beginner Triathlete, and am here because I've heard wonderful things!  My goal is to complete my first tri next season, probably in June or July.  I'm still debating which race to register for.  I live in San Francisco, so I know I have many possibilities.  My brother has been a triathlete for years, and I'm tired of watching him.  I want to join him now!

I am looking for any tips, advice, words of wisdom, things I should look out for etc.  Anything is welcome!  Here's a little info on me if it will help.  I'm an avid female runner in my early 30's.  I've completed multiple half -marathons and one marathon over the past couple years.  I love running, but am ready for what's next!  I have a decent road bike and though I know how to swim I'm taking lessons for improving my technique this winter.  I haven't swam or cycled regularly since I was a kid.  

On a completely different note, for two days now I've been trying to upload a photo to my profile, and the site keeps telling me there's an error.  Any technical help or pointing me in the right direction with that would be great!

Thanks a milion Smile

2009-09-29 6:53 AM
in reply to: #2431247

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Brand new to tri... advice welcome
Welcome to the site and our obsession.
You will get a lot of advice and support here.
2009-09-29 7:06 AM

Master
Welcome aboard, my only advice is to SIGN UP FOR THAT RACE Don't delay. Sounds like you've got the rest down between equipment and swim lessons.

Not sure why you're having problems with your profile pic, perhaps you could try another picture. Also, a mod will probably be along shortly to move this to the Introduce Yourself Forum
2009-09-29 7:14 AM

User image

Expert
Culpeper, VA
Swim lessons sound like an excellent idea, of the three disciplines it is one that many seem to be weakest at.  It sure is for me.     

"Photos must be less than 50kb in jpg, gif or bmp format"

Does your photo meet the criteria for the avatar as noted above?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Brand new to tri... advice welcome Rss Feed