General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri-ing something new but long time interest Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-10-28 4:11 PM

User image

Alexandria
Subject: Tri-ing something new but long time interest

Growing up I remember once a year watching the Hawaii Iron Man on "ABC's Wild World of Sports" and wondering if I could do that but while I was an athlete through college (soccer, baseball) I never really had the opportunity or time to give it a try.  As with most of us, life happens, jobs turn into careers, marriage, kids etc and before you know it you are asking yourself where all the time has gone.  So last year when I was deployed to the Middle East, I found myself with two options, either just work 18 hours 24/7 or work 24/7 with a 2 hour workout each day...I chose the second option.  By luck of the draw, halfway through my one year deployment, I just happened to have a member of the USAF Triathlon team assigned to my staff, who became my training partner/coach...mostly coach.  My goal quickly became to complete an Olympic distance triathlon upon my return from the desert.  I am happy to say that I completed that goal, the Nation's Triathlon, and my coach/friend was there to compete with me.   Since then, I've been training and looking forward to next spring when I can continue to improve my times and eventually work up to a Half-Iron man.

If anyone is located in the Alexandria (Mt. Vernon/Ft Hunt) area and needs a training partner send me a note. 

2009-10-28 6:13 PM
in reply to: #2485002

User image

Expert
St. Paul, MN
Subject: RE: Tri-ing something new but long time interest
CONGRATS!! Good luck conquering your first half IM!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri-ing something new but long time interest Rss Feed