General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Video for Indoor Trainer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-11-01 9:48 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Training Video for Indoor Trainer
Hello all,

I just recently purchased a CycleOps Fluid 2 trainer.  I've been riding for a little over a year now but my workouts consist mostly of doing the same laps over and over again and a maybe a couple of triathlons in between.  I've always managed to do well on triathlons but at the olympic distances, my lack of training was really apparent when I would just croak on the run having been completely spent from the bike.

When I hopped on my trainer last week, I was surprised how hard the workout was compared to a road workout in the same amount of time.  I want to make sure that I'm doing this correctly though.  I've invested in a cadence computer and would also like to purchase a training video.  Can anyone recommend a good training DVD that goes overall cycling techniques?  Or just an excellent overall video?

Thanks!

2009-11-01 11:46 PM
in reply to: #2492521

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Training Video for Indoor Trainer
Here are my favorites:
Spinervals 2.0 Time Trial Special
CTS (Carmichael) Time Trial
Spinervals 1.0 Fall Country Training Ride (awesome!!!!)
Spinervals 8.0 Recovery and Technique
CTS Climbing

The specific ones (TT/Climbing) really works well (as intended), the Recovery one is great as you feel like you have trained, but not being completely shot from it, the Fall ride is just awesome, you basically ride behind Chris Carmichael on the road and he is telling you what if should feel like and what gears and cadence you need to be in. Just like it would feel like actually being on the road with him. The time just flies!
2009-11-02 8:07 AM
in reply to: #2492521

User image

Veteran
Millstadt, IL
I like the Rides series, I have Vol 1 - The Rockies and Vol 2 - Las Vegas.  Both are great.  Next up are the CTS videos, and then the Spinervals.  While the spinervals workouts are decent, if given a choice I just find the other 2 mentioned above less annoying.  I was really disappointed with the Spinervals 'On The Road' videos, the Rides series is done much better for a 'virtual' ride.
2009-11-02 2:07 PM
in reply to: #2492800

User image

Bay Area, CA
dont like spinervals myself, but I do like the realrides series with robbie ventura, pretty much all on the bike stuff, great video and usually customizable workouts
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Video for Indoor Trainer Rss Feed