General Discussion Triathlon Talk » SPD shoes - toe pain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-11-03 7:59 AM

User image

Regular
Columbus
Subject: SPD shoes - toe pain
Hi!  I have had SPD shoes for about 2 years and have never had any pain on my bike.  I sort of fell off the wagon this summer though and haven't ridden my bike since June, so I'm not sure that the fact I didn't used to have any pain really means anything.  Yesterday, I took a spinning class for the first time in about 8 months and within the first 10 minutes my toes were burning and cramping, bad enough that i was having a hard time completing the class.  The pain continued for the entire 45 minutes, but as soon as I got off of the bike the pain disappeared within seconds.

I did some internet research last night and found all kinds of information about moving your cleats to relieve the pain.  Do you think I should mess with moving the cleats, or do you think it might be just that I haven't ridden in awhile or that I didn't have the bike set up quite right?  I also briefly ran before the class but it was only for 1 mile and I didn't have any pain after running.  I am nervous about moving the cleats because I don't want to mess anything up.

Do you have any similar experience or advice?  Thanks so much!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » SPD shoes - toe pain Rss Feed