General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Colorado Tri Club--Louisville Multisport Partners Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-11-06 4:25 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: New Colorado Tri Club--Louisville Multisport Partners

LOUISVILLE MULTISPORT PARTNERS

• Louisville Multisport Partners is an informal training group that meets for bike rides, runs, and swims among other outside activities in or near Louisville, Colorado. We intend to be a low key group based on the enhancement of our personal lives through exercise and the mental well-being this brings.
• We can offer a set workout schedule with which you know there will be somebody else there, ready to sweat, relieve stress, suffer, enjoy, and benefit from a workout with you. Doing it alone just doesn't work for some of us.
• We will meet for family activities (kids on bikes or in strollers and the adults running), bike rides with strict "no drop" rules (you won't be left on the road all by yourself), winter indoor bike trainer workouts (all you need is a bike, indoor trainer, and a thirst for sweating profusely), endurance discussions (hopefully bringing in some of our local Louisville/Boulder talent to talk to us), group swims and weight sessions at the rec center, plus many more ideas we have yet to come up with.
• We are family focused—hey, we have kids and babysitters are expensive…they can come with us (and do!). This is for everyone…not just dad or mom.
• We can offer training advice (lots of Ironman, half-ironman, marathon, half-marathon finishes in the group already plus all the shorter fun races up to these distances) but no coaching (not yet at least…maybe we will attract a triathlon, biking, swimming, or running coach to join our group)
• We can offer motivation and dedication to get off our butts and get fit…really fit. If you have ever wanted to start…this is the group for you. As said before, we want to be low-key and relaxed about fitness. The stress of competition burns people up and turns away lots of quality folks.

If you want to help, join us, test us out, train with us…let us know. We are anxious to get out on the road, trails, and water with you. Right now come and check us out on Yahoo Groups! (http://sports. groups.yahoo. com/group/ LouisvilleMultis port/) . We have a workout calendar set up there to keep everyone in the loop. Please email me at cayrip@yahoo. com if you have questions.
Thanks,
Cameron

2009-11-07 1:58 AM
in reply to: #2501717

User image

Expert
Thornton, CO
Subject: RE: New Colorado Tri Club--Louisville Multisport Partners
I'm excited there's a tri group up this way now.  I'll definitely join you guys for training sessions. 

Since I have to wait to be approved to join the group I'll just wait to comment more once I can see everything in the group page. (You probably should get rid of that approval thing on the Yahoo Group is there a reason the group needs to be private like that?)
2009-11-11 4:24 PM

User image

Lafayette
I'm in Lafayette, very new to all this. My bike needs a serious workover and I have bike phobia since the last time I rode (2005) ended with knee surgery when I fell off without unclipping. Anyway, I'm looking forward to joining you all for some winter training!

Caroline
2009-11-11 5:39 PM

User image

Lafayette, CO
Hey Caroline, I'm in Lafayette as well.  The times this group is training don't work at all for me but maybe we can hook up some time. 
2009-11-11 5:55 PM

User image

Expert
Thornton, CO
After I finally got access to the page I saw the times don't work for me at all either.  But perhaps we can still try to support them and get other runs/rides organized at times that work for us.  5:00pm is never any good Mon-Fri... how do I transport from work to the location instantly?  or the 8am to 9am thing.. don't people have to work?

I'd like to have people to ride with up here that aren't the 'pure cyclist @$$holes' that always have some smart @$$ comment about how "we like to leave the aerobars at home"
2009-11-11 7:49 PM
in reply to: #2509550

User image

Lafayette
CoSkiGirl-Yes! Let's definitely get together. PM me your contact info. I'm working out at 24 Hour Fitness in Broomfield right now to maintain my base and for winter strengthening. What kind of events are you planning for 2010?

2009-11-11 7:50 PM
in reply to: #2509575

User image

Lafayette
Zionvier,
I'm with you on the "pure cyclist" thing. I've had some bad experiences with athletes in other suburbs out here, and it's left kind of a nasty taste in my mouth. I'm really looking for a low-key group with a decent sense of humor, good camaraderie, and 100% support of all ability levels, including "Team Tortoise" or ME. The keyword in my vocabulary is FUN. Nuff said.
2009-11-12 7:27 AM

User image

Expert

Now that the interest in the group is growing, we can discuss group training times.  What are good times for folks?  I was thinking about bumping the Tuesday night run to 6:30 and laps aren't very feasible in winter but a Thursday night trainer ride works just as well.  Let's keep it open and find times that work for all of us.

We also need an intro group meeting to get us all together, meet, and discuss how to get this off the ground and flying!

Cameron

2009-11-12 8:01 AM

User image

Lafayette, CO
I can do runs in Louisville from about 5:30 on.  Trainer rides would be tougher to deal with but doable, probably 6pm or later.  I would be open to meeting but I'll tell you that weekends are pretty bad for me starting Nov 21st through March.  Yeah, I'm up on the slopes either coaching or skiing for fun. 
2009-11-13 7:04 PM
in reply to: #2510189

User image

Lafayette
I work a crazy schedule that changes constantly (I'm a nurse) so don't schedule around me, I will show up when I can. Also, I am still getting my knee under control (read: haven't run since at least before February) and my bike needs a tune up. Just started thinking about tris a few days ago, so I'm going slow, not quite ready to make a huge monetary investment, and most importantly, looking to preserve my bad knee for as long as possible.
2009-11-16 12:53 PM

User image

Expert
Thornton, CO
I've been out in Jersey for the last few days, so sorry I haven't been active on here.  I won't be able to make the Tuesday runs, I actually run with a group at Wash Park those nights and technically co-organize it.  Winter is always tough with the lack of daylight, but we need to make sure whatever we schedule that people have time to get off work and have time to get there and get changed (or change and then get there).  As for before work, I'm not much of a morning person, but I figure the same consideration is needed where things get done with enough time to make us smell like baby wipes and powder and get to work.

2009-11-20 2:07 PM
in reply to: #2516148

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lafayette, CO
I plan on hitting some of the trainer rides once I get my bike up and running and get a couple of pairs of bike shorts (don't laugh.) For now I'm just cycling at my gym but I would love some company especially on longer distances. I am going to have to work up to running a full 5K...not even close yet.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Colorado Tri Club--Louisville Multisport Partners Rss Feed