General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Santa Barbara Marathon/Film Screening Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-11-30 12:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Los Angeles, CA
Subject: Santa Barbara Marathon/Film Screening
Hey BTers -

Fellow Ironman hopeful here.  Some of you may already know this, but when I first got into this whole endurance sports thing, it was in part due to my involvement with UltraMarathon Man (the Dean Karnazes film) but more through grieving the death of my father, who died of a brain tumor in early 2007.

I ended up making a film about training and running my first marathon back in 2007/08.  "Running for my Father" has been 'running' the festival circuit this last year and will be shown in my hometown of Santa Barbara at the marathon expo this Saturday at 1:45pm.  For those of you participating in the event (our BombaTim is announcing!) I'd love to see you there!  The film is 26:22 long (hmmm...) and depicts my struggles with grieving and training at the same time (I wasn't a runner/athlete until 6 months before the race!)

Also, for the month of December, we're selling DVDs for just $10 at http://www.runningformyfather.com

Happy Holidays all!

Best regards,

Cody
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Santa Barbara Marathon/Film Screening Rss Feed