General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from PA Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-06-04 9:09 PM

User image

Hollidaysburg, PA
Subject: Hello from PA
Well since I've found this web site I find an hour goes by with me reading everyone's entries.

I started out mtn biking and road riding many years ago and I've done several 24 hour mtn bike races. Recently I decided I needed to learn how to swim properly, not sure why. But I got my son who is on the swim team to teach me and I started doing laps in January. I found this website while doing a google search looking for swimming tips. I am so slllooowww.

I thought I might try a spring triathlon at the end of May. But I broke my wrist in April and had surgery.

I am now back in training this past week and I am looking forwad to doing my first tri at the end of July. I am pretty nervous about the swim.

I find it hard with all the sports my kids are in to get my workouts in, but I am very creative and I find time almost everyday.

Is there anyone going to the Adventure Race in Pittsburgh in July or Moraine State Park in August?

Mary Ann

2005-06-04 10:16 PM
in reply to: #168755

User image

Veteran
Pittsburgh, PA
Subject: RE: Hello from PA
Welcome...where about in PA
2005-06-04 10:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eagleville,

Welcome to BT.  I used to live north of Pittsburgh, in Kittanning.  I have now relocated to Philly.  I was not into Triathlons while living in that area.  Good luck with getting back into your training.

2005-06-05 7:21 AM
in reply to: #168782

User image

Hollidaysburg, PA
Altoona.....2 hours east of Pittsburgh.
2005-06-13 7:35 PM
in reply to: #168782

User image

Hollidaysburg, PA
Did you ever hear or ride the Dirty Dozen ( I think that call it that) they ride 13 of steepest hills in Pittsburgh? There is a website and everything, it is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I heard about it last year and thought I might try it this year.
2005-06-28 9:27 PM

mtnchick13 - 2005-06-04 10:09 PM
Is there anyone going to the Adventure Race in Pittsburgh in July or Moraine State Park in August?

I am! It will be my first tri, an Olympic length to boot. I am a college student, and during the year I am on the University rowing team. I am trying out the triathlon scene for the summer. See you there!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from PA Rss Feed