General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Possible to darn cycling clothing? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-12-08 10:38 PM

User image

Saint Petersburg
Subject: Possible to darn cycling clothing?
The seam from one of my shorts is coming off. Anyone had any luck with get stuff like this fixed from a tailor?

2009-12-09 8:12 AM
in reply to: #2549565

User image

Modesto, California
Subject: RE: Possible to darn cycling clothing?
I will take my shorts and have the threads reinforced on the pad and side seams, too much threading can irritate. From my experience, if you can find someone that understands what you want and speaks english you have hit the jackpot. I have had two pairs of shorts repaired from major road rash, most fabric stores will carry a fabric close to what is on your shorts, get a yard and bring it in with your shorts to have sewn. Im not entirely frugal but with my shorts and bibs running between 75-125 dollars I try to make them last. One more thing, I never put them in the dryer, always air dry and use delicate cycle in washer because Im strictly removing sweat and not trying to remove grease or grime.
2009-12-09 8:55 AM
in reply to: #2549565

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
Subject: RE: Possible to darn cycling clothing?
When I crashed in one of my all-time favorite pairs of shorts, I sewed them back up. I'm sure a tailor would have done a much better job, but it looks pretty good. So...I guess if *I* can do it, a tailor would be even better :p
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Possible to darn cycling clothing? Rss Feed