General Discussion Triathlon Talk » what can you tell me about REV3 events or cedars point in Ohio Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-12-10 3:55 PM

User image

Expert
Bucks County
Subject: what can you tell me about REV3 events or cedars point in Ohio
http://www.rev3tri.com/!/cedarPoint/raceInfo.htm

I see the good folks at REV3 have a new half/full iron distance event at an
amusement park in Sandusky ohio on labor day. Might be able to combine a
couple days at the park with the little ones AND go beat myself up for a
couple hours. The bike profile looks like rolling hills. This will the
first year for the event and I haven't done any of their races before - do
they have a good reputation for their other events? Anyone know the
amusement park it looks pretty cool

2009-12-10 10:33 PM
in reply to: #2553142

Extreme Veteran
Washington
Subject: RE: what can you tell me about REV3 events or cedars point in Ohio
Cedar Point is one of the worlds top amusements parks.  It competes for world records.  It currently hold the record for most roller coasters in a single park and a number of its coasters broke the speed/height record when they were built.

(this is in the world)

Roller coaster rankings

The following steel and wooden coasters were ranked by Amusement Today in 2009:

[edit] Steel

[edit] Wooden

Edited by ionlylooklazy 2009-12-10 10:35 PM
2009-12-11 7:58 AM

User image

Regular
Huntersville
I'm from Michigan, and my family has been going to Cedar Point since I was a kid.  It's an awesome amusement park! I mean, really awesome.  The Millenium Force is a fantastic rollercoaster...the best I've ridden!  Also, there's something really sweet about going 120mph on Top-thrill Dragster!

For the last several years, we have also been going with my nieces who are now 9 and 7.  There is a kiddie land (Snoopie Land or something like that) and some smaller coasters appropriate for kids (Mine Ride, Iron Dragon, Blue Streak, maybe Gemini...) though the majority of the coasters are thrill rides.  The also have parent swap- you get a form at guest services. One parent waits in line for a ride while the other parent can be off riding kiddie rides with the kids.  After the first parent finishes the ride, they leave the slip with the staff of the ride.  The second parent can walk up the exit ramp, give their name/ retrieve the slip and get right on the ride.  It's nice because then both parents can ride and the kids don't have to wait in line.

I have been thinking about doing this race in 2011 but I will just have to see how my race season pans out.  Please let me know how you like the race if you decide to compete.
2009-12-11 8:07 AM

User image

Veteran
Northern Illinois
As others have said Cedar Point is an awesome amusement park. If you love coasters it is hard to beat it. As far as REV3 goes they are new and of course this will be the first year for this event so I guess there could be 1st year problems. Everything I have read about their events so far have been positive. I have signed up for the HIM at CP so I guess that tells you what I think! The race isn't Labor Day weekend though, it is the weekend after Labor Day (9/12/10).
2009-12-11 8:28 AM

User image

Expert
Don't know anything about REV3, but Cedar Point is awesome. My family loves amusement parks and we had heard so much about Cedar Point that we scheduled a vacation there a couple of years ago. I'm doing IMFL next year, but at some point may consider the IM here.
2009-12-11 8:50 AM
in reply to: #2553777

User image

Expert
Bucks County
TriBoilermaker - 2009-12-11 8:07 AM

As others have said Cedar Point is an awesome amusement park. If you love coasters it is hard to beat it. As far as REV3 goes they are new and of course this will be the first year for this event so I guess there could be 1st year problems. Everything I have read about their events so far have been positive. I have signed up for the HIM at CP so I guess that tells you what I think! The race isn't Labor Day weekend though, it is the weekend after Labor Day (9/12/10).

CRUD you're right! dang it think that kills it for me. GRRRRRR

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » what can you tell me about REV3 events or cedars point in Ohio Rss Feed