TriBlueSky
75F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 11m 18s
Overall Rank = 43/222
Age Group = M 20 - 24
Age Group Rank = 6/11
Event warmup:

Rode out onto the bike course for about 10 minutes, ran 5-6 minutes and swam approx. 400 meters. Good warmup, much better than last race
Swim
  • 09m 24s
  • 600 meters
  • 01m 34s / 100 meters
Comments:

My swim felt much better than the last race. Right from the beginning, my total effort level seemed much lower and I had figured my split might not have been as fast, but turns out it was quicker. I was able to catch some decent drafts off the other swimmers, but in rounding the first bouy, I got pinched out by another swimmer. He came in from a high path and cut right in front of me as I was hugging the bouy. So, I had to stop for a second, let him pass and then round the bouy myself. I didn't mind too much, since I hugged his hips for a little while and let him do all the work. Until I realized he couldn't keep a line, then I let him trail off completely wide and I stayed in a straight line for the next bouy. In all, an excellent swim leg.
What would you do differently?:

Not let someone pinch me out against the bouy and just swim over top of him, since it was my line anyway.
Transition 1
  • 00m 48s
Comments:

Great transition. I didn't fight with a singlet or anything this time and just went topless. It definitely shaved time off my split. I actually passed 2 people in the transition area (the only time I had the feeling of passing someone all day :) When mounting my bike, I had a good running start and got clipped in without problems.

Nothing
Bike
  • 35m 21s
  • 11.6 miles
  • 19.69 mile/hr
Comments:

My bike leg felt great until the 9.5 mile mark. I developed a nagging side stitch which forced me to slow my pace down considerably, as I'd rather work out the stitch while on the bike than trying to fight it on the run. In slowing down, 3 people passed me (not to say they wouldn't have passed me anyway). But overall, I felt much stronger on the bike and don't feel I expended as much energy as in my last race.

Drink more early on in the bike. I started to catch up on my hydration towards the end of the bike leg and didn't balance it out enough.
Transition 2
  • 00m 46s
Comments:

I had a small problem getting my right foot out of my shoe as I approached the line and just barely got it off in time. This caused me to nearly fall down as I was dismounting just to make sure I was off the bike in time. As I steadied my feet on the ground, I nearly ran into the spectators watching on the side, but I gained balance rather quickly and did a good job racking my bike and switching out of my shoes.

Get out of my shoes a little sooner and be steadier on the dismount
Run
  • 24m 59s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 04s  min/mile
Comments:

The big hill in the first mile killed me. I ended up walking part of it, praying that I could just make it to the top and be okay. Once I hit the first turnaround point at about a mile, I started getting in a rhythm and the run felt a little better. I decided to start turning up the speed a little sooner than in the last race and I guess that's where the 20 second improvement came from.

Train more
Post race
Warm down:

Oranges, water, and walking

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Poor training leading up to the race

Last updated: 2005-06-06 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:24 | 600 meters | 01m 34s / 100meters
Age Group: 1/11
Overall: 5/222
Performance: Good
Suit: Tri Shorts
Course: Triangular course
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 74F / 23C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Below average
T1
Time: 00:48
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:35:21 | 11.6 miles | 19.69 mile/hr
Age Group: 7/11
Overall: 0/222
Wind: Little
Course: Y-shaped course, 1 lap. Some gentle, rolling hills, but nothing that gave me problems
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:46
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:24:59 | 03.1 miles | 08m 04s  min/mile
Age Group: 8/11
Overall: 0/222
Performance: Average
Course: Some trails, some road. In the first mile, there was a steep downhill right into an uphill that was twice as long as the downhill. Otherwise a fairly flat course with only minor elevation changes
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2005-06-06 12:00 PM

Regular
Atlanta, GA
Subject: Mistletoe State Park Triathlon

2005-06-06 4:47 PM
in reply to: #169497

User image

Regular
Sugar Hill, GA
Subject: RE: Mistletoe State Park Triathlon
Wow, great time and good overall balance! More and more Mistletoe reports are popping up so BT had a good turnout there, who knew!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mistletoe State Park Triathlon Rss Feed