General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Lecture with Dr. Philip Skiba @ Landry's Boston Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-06 7:22 PM

Subject: Training Lecture with Dr. Philip Skiba @ Landry's Boston

We have the incredible opportunity to receive a free triathlon training lecture from Dr. Philip Skiba for who in my opinion is among the leading elite triathlon coaches and experts in sport physiology in the USA.

About Dr. Philip Skiba
He received his medical degree in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Georgetown University / National Rehabilitation Hospital, in Washington DC. He then completed residency training in Family Medicine. He is board certified in both Family Medicine and Sports Medicine. He is an attending physician at The Jersey Shore Sports Medicine Center, where he focuses on the non-surgical management of sports injuries, as well as athlete training, health, rehabilitation and wellness.
Dr. Skiba has been a swim coach since 1994, and has been working with triathletes, runners and cyclists since 2002. He coaches Joanna Zeiger 2009 70.3 World Champion, Catriona Morrison 2009 European Duathlon Champion among others.
Practicing what he preaches, Dr. Skiba has completed numerous triathlons, including Ironman USA, and has also competed in the individual sports of cycling and running. He is the author of Scientific Training for Triathletes and The Triathlete's Guide to Training with Power as well as scholarly publications.

Details
When: Sunday January 24th, 2010 at 10 AM
Location: Landrys Landry's Bicycles, 890 Commonwealth Avenue, BOSTON, MA, 02215
Topics: TBD

If you are seeking to learn more about triathlon training or as a coach you are looking to advance your knowledge this is a great opportunity you don't want to miss!

Please RSVP and ask questions to [email protected]

2010-01-06 9:17 PM
in reply to: #2599075

User image

Coach
Boston, MA
Subject: RE: Training Lecture with Dr. Philip Skiba @ Landry's Boston
More info about the lecture:

Scientific Training: Simple Ideas that Yield Great Results

Dr. Philip Skiba

When: Sunday January 24th, 2010 at 10 AM
Location: Landry's Bicycles, 890 Commonwealth Avenue, BOSTON, MA, 02215

Join us for a breakfast discussion with renowned coach and sports physician Dr. Philip Skiba. Dr. Skiba has trained a number of World Champion multisport athletes, but unlike many professionals of his repute, he shares his knowledge and techniques with anyone interested in learning about smart, healthy training.

Dr. Skiba will discuss his approach, which is based on a few basic principles of human physiology that anybody can understand. There will be plenty of time for Q&A, so bring your questions and notebooks.

Afterwards, Dr. Skiba will be signing copies of his books, "Scientific Training for Triathletes" and "The Triathlete's Guide to Training With Power."

You can RSVP with either Mark @ [email protected] or Jorge @ [email protected]
2010-01-24 12:40 PM
in reply to: #2599075

Hello,

Thank you to everyone who came to this mornings talk with Dr. Skiba. I enjoyed meeting some new people thanks for making the trip to Boston.

Special thanks to Dr. Skiba for sharing his time and knowledge with us.

Mark
2010-01-25 9:35 AM
in reply to: #2631682

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
It was great meeting you yesterday Mark!  Thank you very much to you and Jorge for making this event happen.  I learned a lot and I'm really glad I went.

Not sure if Dr. Skiba reads will read this or not, but thanks to him as well.  It was extremely informative.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Lecture with Dr. Philip Skiba @ Landry's Boston Rss Feed