General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cannot run sensation in the knee when heel strikes the ground Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-01 9:29 PM

Veteran
Singapore
Subject: Cannot run sensation in the knee when heel strikes the ground
I have just started running again yesterday after recovering from a bad flu and cough and was on medication.I don,t feel tired at all but when my heel of the foot strikes the ground, I will feel very uncomfortable in my knees. I started running on the toe or tip of my feet for a while then decided to stop after 5 mins or so.
I have not been running for more than a week and before that just completed a biathlon(1500m swim follow by 10km run) and did some swimming after the event before getting sick.
Should I be running and get used to it? Maybe I,ll see a doctor but I don,t think they'll find anything wrong with it.Maybe it's just that I have not been running recently and is a temporary thing? I have taken to walking or very slow short run to get used to it. don,t know if I can still run?

2004-04-01 10:19 PM
in reply to: #16010

User image

Expert
Evansville, IN
Subject: RE: Cannot run sensation in the knee when heel strikes the ground
Checkout Dr. Pribut's website which is linked from the BT homepage. It helped me with some of my aches and pains.
2004-04-02 12:16 PM
in reply to: #16010

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Subject: RE: Cannot run sensation in the knee when heel strikes the ground
Heel Striking can be tough on the knees, hips and lower back. If you tried to run a little too fast in the race, you may have gotten your foot even further out front (overstriding) and banged yourself around more than your knees can handle.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cannot run sensation in the knee when heel strikes the ground Rss Feed