General Discussion Triathlon Talk » question about hot spots Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-11 10:23 AM

Regular
Tempe, AZ
Subject: question about hot spots
i am just now getting hot spots on my first toe next to my big toe on both feet. i used my rode bike for 6 months with running shoes and never had them. about 5-6 months ago i finally went to sole sports and got fitted for some asics. now, on my runs longer than 5 miles, i get hot spots. i was wearing regular cotton socks, and switched to synthetic running socks, and still get them.

what else could i do to try and avoid getting these? not once did i get a hot spot wearing basic running shoes from sports authority. these shoes were even professionally fit so i have no idea what is causing them.

also..will sole sports do anything about it since it may be their shoes they sold to me?

thanks

2010-01-11 7:06 PM
in reply to: #2607450

Subject: RE: question about hot spots
You could try some cornstarch or some baby powder on your feet and socks.  Sometimes sweat from you feet can soften your skin and cause blistering between your toes.  Worst comes to worse, try some toesocks made with coolmax.  Band-aid is a good buffer too.
2010-01-12 8:30 AM
in reply to: #2607450

Chandler, AZ
Subject: RE: question about hot spots

I am sure that sole sports knows what they are talking about but I would say maybe try a different shoe.  Maybe try all the suggestions here first then try something else.  In my past, I got fitted for a shoe (MN Running Room) and the shoes worked great then I had a bunch of problems so I got fitted again and ended up switching to a different shoe that was more basic and they work great now.  Everyone is different so find a shoe that is comfortable and stick with it. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » question about hot spots Rss Feed